Leaf spring plate - pending repair attempt

Dzimm

I am in need of a passenger side leaf spring plate with the lower shock mount.  I'll need the nut with it as well.  If it comes from outside the rust belt, I'll consider taking both sides.  Shipped to 50054.

The threads on mine shredded and the nut spun, had to cut it to get the shock off.

IMG_20200325_192126.jpg

On 3/26/2020 at 10:18 AM, Dzimm said:

I'm gonna hold off for now.  Ordered a stud kit to see if I can't repair it.  

I've got a extra set.  One of the pair is bent, the other broken at the threading.  I'm curious what you ordered.

• 1 year later...
47 minutes ago, billyblankss said:

Sorry to revive an old post but i recently had the shock mount on my rear driver side break off. Did this part work ok for you? 

Yes it worked great.  I put it on one of the spring plates for the bottom of the shock.  I got it tight, then welded it, then had to cut a small notch in the nut to fit the u-bolt through the plate.

2 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

Yes it worked great.  I put it on one of the spring plates for the bottom of the shock.  I got it tight, then welded it, then had to cut a small notch in the nut to fit the u-bolt through the plate.

Ok. I was worried the nut on the other side may interfere with something. You didn't take a picture by chance did you? I have a stick welder and a flux core, you think I could get away with flux on the outside of the spring plate or did you weld the nut side?

4 minutes ago, billyblankss said:

Ok. I was worried the nut on the other side may interfere with something. You didn't take a picture by chance did you? I have a stick welder and a flux core, you think I could get away with flux on the outside of the spring plate or did you weld the nut side?

I welded both sides with a flux core.  You'd be fine with doing the same but I'd use the stick welder since you have it.  It's also really hard to get the mig gun in there to get a good weld.

IMG_20200405_112219.jpg.b0269b5dfd9fab58d5be88be961cace4.jpg

1 minute ago, Dzimm said:

I welded both sides with a flux core.  You'd be fine with doing the same but I'd use the stick welder since you have it.  It's also really hard to get the mig gun in there to get a good weld.

IMG_20200405_112219.jpg.b0269b5dfd9fab58d5be88be961cace4.jpg

Thanks for your help I'm ordering one of these now. How hard was it to drill out the spot? Ironically the metal the stud is made of sheared off and looked of poor quality. But the plate and the thickness where it connected looked like it will be no fun to drill

20 minutes ago, billyblankss said:

Thanks for your help I'm ordering one of these now. How hard was it to drill out the spot? Ironically the metal the stud is made of sheared off and looked of poor quality. But the plate and the thickness where it connected looked like it will be no fun to drill

It wasn't terrible to drill, just step the drill bit size up.  On page 7 of my build thread near the bottom of the page there are more pictures and info on it.

https://comancheclub.com/topic/56220-92-turbo-autocross-mj/page/7/#comments