As i embark on my mid 30's iv decided i want to build an MJ, after i sold my few XJ's it was time.  I found this baby from a guy who painted it with almost house paint and decided to pop rivet all the holes.

1990 LWB 4.0 189,xxx 4x4 metric ton

the original plan was to ... drive it! ...... Then i decide lets toss in a stroker, then back to a stock 4.0 and now i have decided DIESEL swap

stay tuned for more.. few pics from the beginning 

_dave 

mj.jpg

mj1.jpg

On 3/19/2020 at 9:44 AM, thecodemonk said:

Also, the front bar splits the headlight assembly in that last picture in an interesting way that looks really cool (and kindof makes me think of a chevy)

First thing I noticed as well.  Super confused until zooming in.

I'm also wondering about the front bumper end cap being silver under the blue.  Was this truck or bumpers silver at one point?

On 3/19/2020 at 10:44 AM, thecodemonk said:

Sweet!  What diesel drivetrain are you thinking of using?

Also, the front bar splits the headlight assembly in that last picture in an interesting way that looks really cool (and kindof makes me think of a chevy)

so that bar is just a front gate/barrier for my trailer lol as for drivetrain it got swapped to 5 speed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also very excited to see how this build goes and would also be interested with some of the details as I am currently putting parts together to do the same swap using the same conversion kit. I'm attempting to sketch up a flat deck option or a mini service body but really looking forward to updates.