Cab vents needed

ghetdjc320

• 4 months later...
On 3/14/2020 at 9:20 AM, SatiricalHen said:

3b36b27656194356f644ed292f3302c4.jpg
e2e67e5c1b9afb4d37aa96165e9bc074.jpg
They can be repaired, the see I had were real bad, but I redid them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@SatiricalHen

Exactly what material did you use to replace the rubber pieces?  

What is the best approach for pulling those plastic pieces from the cab?  Does one end/side pop out easier?  Mine don't want to budge, and I don't want to crack them them.  

@SatiricalHen

Exactly what material did you use to replace the rubber pieces?  

What is the best approach for pulling those plastic pieces from the cab?  Does one end/side pop out easier?  Mine don't want to budge, and I don't want to crack them them.  

Some rubber sheeting I bought on amazon. I have a bunch left over from that. It’s a little thicker than the factory stuff though. I used a couple screw drivers and carefully popped the side tabs out then go and pop the bottom tabs out and slide down kinda. I’ve popped 3 or 4 sets of them out now. Let me see if I can find the amazon order and find out exactly what I actually ordered.

6 hours ago, SatiricalHen said:

Some rubber sheeting I bought on amazon. I have a bunch left over from that. It’s a little thicker than the factory stuff though. I used a couple screw drivers and carefully popped the side tabs out then go and pop the bottom tabs out and slide down kinda. I’ve popped 3 or 4 sets of them out now. Let me see if I can find the amazon order and find out exactly what I actually ordered.

Thank you for the rubber tip and the removal advice! 

I have not re-installed my cab vents yet, but here they are.  I am tempted to glue a little stick across the three tabs to ensure the flaps don't come off like the factory ones did.  The rubber sheets are 1/16" thick or ~1.6 mm thick.  I happened to have one survivor stock flap, and it measured 0.5 mm thick.  I definitely wish this new rubber was a bit thinner.  I used a 3/32" punch to make the holes.  

cab-venet2.jpg

cab-vent1.jpg