Pioneer emblems

Did our trucks come with the pioneer emblems on the front fenders? I’m looking to buy them sometime to make my truck complete if there’s a chance it’s what came with it originally. Also, since we’re discussing pioneer emblems, is there a good manufacturer of the Pioneer hockey stick stickers that go on the sides of our trucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Dammerung said:

Did our trucks come with the pioneer emblems on the front fenders? I’m looking to buy them sometime to make my truck complete if there’s a chance it’s what came with it originally. Also, since we’re discussing pioneer emblems, is there a good manufacturer of the Pioneer hockey stick stickers that go on the sides of our trucks?

my newest 88 Pioneer does not have the emblems.  I don't think the old one did either.  it had the olympic sticker under "Comanche".

Chances are you probably had the nameplate with the Olympic decals. Decals are hard to come by. I know there’s a couple pieces still floating around as NOS

If there’s some of those old Olympic edition stickers still around, do you think they will ever be reproduced?

the Olympic touches aren't even standardized.  some had a window sticker.  some had a sticker under the Comanche emblem.  some had the gold stripe,  I think I even saw an emblem once I think.  :dunno: 

the Olympic touches aren't even standardized.  some had a window sticker.  some had a sticker under the Comanche emblem.  some had the gold stripe,  I think I even saw an emblem once I think.  :dunno: 

So people would have the hockey sticks and the Olympic sticker by the emblem?

one of my 88 trucks had Olympic stripes and the Olympic sticker (under the comanche emblem), the other had hockey stripes and no Olympic stuff.  Can't say for sure that some other truck couldn't have had a bit of both. :dunno:

I have a feeling it was a "this or that" choice.  maybe only dealerships ordered them?  as a consumer, I can't imagine purposely ordering a truck that celebrated the Olympic games. :dunno: but that's just me. 

now where did I leave my '88 brochure... 

My Olympic was built in feb, the non was built in may.  not that this data answers anything.  :laugh:

Mine was built in June and says it had the Olympic package, but now I’m not even sure anymore. I guess I’ll run the hockey sticks and the pioneer badge. I hate not knowing!

It looks like if you have an Olympic edition Pioneer (body color flares) you get the Olympic Stripe & rings with a Pioneer badge.

I also think people confuse having the Jeep Olympic sponsor decal in the rear window with having an Olympic edition, which is not necessarily correct.

Pic from Stroker.

Olympic.jpg