Is it worth buying a lift kit if I'm about to convert it to 4WD?

My last post made it seem that I was possibly getting a 3 inch lift kit, which I was; however, after further discussion with my dad (Who originally owned for quite a long time) spoke up saying we should hold off any lift kit if we're going to convert it to 4WD. Would it be worth it? Or will the conversion process render me needing a new lift kit. It sounds dumb, but I'm trying to consider as much money saving as possible.

the lift and the conversion can be done independently of each other.  A reason for doing them separately would be spreading out the cost.  A reason for doing them together would be duplication of work.  You'll need to undo a lot of the same nuts/bolts for both projects.

Thanks, I assumed that, but Assuming makes me look stupid

Going through the same process you are!!! To save some trouble and spread out costs cause I'm broke... I'm doing the front axle with 3in lift right now. Tires and wheels included everything cost be about $1100. Doing the front axle now will save me the trouble of getting the springs on there. I just sent them up with the axle easy peasy. The whole process is actually super easy. I'm having trouble right now with WJ knuckle steering; but thats only because I bought a modded axle. If you’re going stock to stock it should be bold in easy. a4e11df9640a4163552c014020702d4c.jpge55ae163b394bf6513983807c91396f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk