Rear Brake load proportioning valve

1 hour ago, 500 MJ said:

Do you know which rear axle you have? If you are unsure just post up a picture of it. It should either be a Dana 35 or Dana 44. 

I bought this MJ 3 months ago, had issues and had it flat bedded to a jeep dealer that a tech I became friendly was going to make it safe for me to drive home, where i will start to restore the MJ from there. So its still there with this Brake issue unsolved. The rear proportioning valve was removed previously, do you think I could replace the front proportioning valve with one from a CJ to make it safer in braking than the original until I can collect all the parts or fabricate what is needed to correct. I appreciate any help in this anr your response. Thanks

1 hour ago, NYJoe said:

I bought this MJ 3 months ago, had issues and had it flat bedded to a jeep dealer that a tech I became friendly was going to make it safe for me to drive home, where i will start to restore the MJ from there. So its still there with this Brake issue unsolved. The rear proportioning valve was removed previously, do you think I could replace the front proportioning valve with one from a CJ to make it safer in braking than the original until I can collect all the parts or fabricate what is needed to correct. I appreciate any help in this anr your response. Thanks

What front proportioning valve? The MJ never had a front proportioning valve, and neither did the CJ.

I drove my '88 MJ for years with no proportioning valve. It was only a problem once, when I hit the brakes for a stop sign at the bottom of a steep hill and the road was wet and slippery. The rear locked up and I fishtailed a bit.