Blinker rely

So swapped in a 92 steering column from a air bagged equipped 95 column. Just matched wires by color and $#!& worked beautifully. Had extra wires for sure hut nothing i needed. Biggest thing was I now had a key that worked and blinkers and wipers worked. So i was bbn impressed with it all working. I'm not a wire guy by any means, but i fingered it out. Two weeks later i no longer had working brake lights or blinkers. Tail lights still work though. So not sure what happened. I have now everything back apart rechecking all my splices, all good there. Did some research and relays have been questioned. So this is where i scratch my head, went got a new one for the fuse panel on the firewall per the book notes. Funny thing is I didn't have one there for hazards or turn signals. Perhaps my issues. So intended on install of rely and well doesn't fit hole. Yes properly installed just nothing to receive it. Meaning i put it in the holes and it falls back out. Seems as if theres no slots to accept rely. As far as connecting amongst the plastic holes provided. What i can get is it was working before but now its not. Lol I'm so bewilder about it. So I need some random suggestions to help me figure this out. 

15758634693898493471491767194277.jpg

15758635104982240218130019311043.jpg

Blinkers and brake switch...when I had this issue, I had something wrong with my hazzard lights switch which caused it to act wonky (blinkers don't work like you'd expect if your hazzards are considered "on" but not working, for example).  I would check into that as well.  When I fixed my hazzards, my blinkers and brake lights worked as expected.

On 12/26/2019 at 12:04 AM, Pete M said:

does your truck have some sort of fuse center in the engine bay?  I'm not all that up on the later XJs.

Yes there is rely bank underhood passenger side. Ill check in there..

22 hours ago, jdog said:

This is where you turn signal relay should be I believe bdc6e99f65d36946e7292b3a126a8775.jpg

What are you showing me??

• 5 weeks later...