Fabricating tail light enclosures...

I am very much thinking about building my own tail light enclosures, similar to what Rusty's sells for IMHO, astronomical pricing and then inserting these into it.

I have access to a metal shop, at my workplace, so why not try?!?

Side note:

Stock tail lights keep getting harder to find, are very hazed over and are usually very pricey. Additionally, if you wheel your Comanche, there is always a chance of damaging your prized tails.

By using something like this, the availability of replacement is only a click away.

Screenshot_20191010-200440_Samsung Internet.jpg

I really don't care about resale. I am 59.5 years of age. When I sell it, it will likely be sold to a Gen Z and most youngins love modified vehicles.

Plus, like before I am not a purist. I like modifying my vehicles. Some folks say, your ruining it and still others say,  I am upgrading it. All I say is, I am updating/upgrading it.

Not one of my 30+ vehicles, in my 43.5 years of driving, remained stock for very long.

No body work needed, the enclosure will match to body lines (that is what fabrication is). No paint, as this truck will be getting a Monstaliner coating. If I get creative, this truck will NOT be a simple monotone coated scheme.

You wait and see, how it turns out like. This truck will be done like no other!

No I will not share, my vision until it is well on it's way of completion. 

Pete M. has so far agreed , to my modification and I for one, have a lot of respect for this man!

This would be very interesting if you can make an enclosure that directly fits where an MJ tail goes with zero body work.  I don't care much for the oval lights most people use but the lights you posted are decent looking, may still need something else on the side, or maybe mount it at an angle in the bed to be visible from both the side and rear?  

Will be waiting to see what you come up with

8 hours ago, Dzimm said:

This would be very interesting if you can make an enclosure that directly fits where an MJ tail goes with zero body work.  I don't care much for the oval lights most people use but the lights you posted are decent looking, may still need something else on the side, or maybe mount it at an angle in the bed to be visible from both the side and rear?  

Will be waiting to see what you come up with

I believe Rusty's Off-road makes a bolt in housing, sells the lenses and converter for led. I've heard they aren't the cleanest looking so I can't say how well they fit up from experience.