Need to correct suspension

Hello all from Guam! 

I need your input to correct my suspension problems. I’m running 5.5” rubicon express coils up front and soa rear. Front suspension is working fine but I have a bit of pump steer which I’m sure is due to the drop pitman arm the previous owner installed. I run a JKS HD track at in the stock mount so I’m thinking of going with a stock pitman arm and the Currie steering kit. For the rear, the passenger spring eye brok so I replaced the original spring with a pair from general spring but now it sits way to high. What would you suggest to get it back down to normal ride height? It was fairly level with the 5.5 fro t coils and stock spring soa rear. Should I look for a set of used springs? 

How much higher is the rear? You could use Cherokee shackles to 'delift' it 1 inch.  The bump steer, you might look at Iron Man 4X4 Fabrication. He makes 'off set'  track bar mounts. Says they help with bump steer. I get a bit of bump steer in my XJ, with 4.5 lift. I have the OTK track bar on order. 

Your brand new springs may settle...drive it around a bit and see if that helps.  If not, you can take one of the middle springs out to see if that helps lower it (or make a bastard pack using a combo of springs from the old spring pack and just the main leaf from the new one)

The way to get rid of bump steer is to make sure the track bar and the steering arm are at the same angle. Bump steer is the reaction of the two swinging on different arcs and fighting against each other...since your track bar is solidly mounted, your steering moves to accommodate the arc of the track bar.   

You might be able to just get a non-drop pitman arm to correct the angle, but it would be hard to tell you for sure without a picture.  If you can, maybe upload a picture of the front steering setup? (ideally, with being able to see the track bar in the same photo)

5 hours ago, Pete M said:

be careful about using shorter shackles, as it becomes possible for the shackle to invert after hitting full droop.

got any pics? 

Would a Boomerang shackle mitigate that? Iron Rock sells one, that has stock and 1" holes. Also, agree that new springs can settle down after a while. The 4.5 RC leafs were about a 6 inch when they were installed. Settled to 4.5 after a few years.

Going to a normal pitman arm alone might solve almost all of your bumpsteer , based on that picture.

I've seen boomerang shackles get stuck against the frame inverted...granted, it was usually on CJs with super short leafs, but still.  It's possible.

What about using an XJ revolver shackle? They have fame stops which should work. Used to use them on my YJ and they work well. If I got stock pitman arm, won’t the steering angle for the draglink and TRE be to severe? That’s why I was thinking the Currie kit