Finally got one...

Geonovast

I could use one of those. But with a dirt driveway, and no garage..it wouldn't work that well.

More than once I've used my hoist and had to move the trailer to it (like the time we were moving those enormous boulders and the ground was too soft) or the truck away from it (when I was pulling the engine in a tiny garage) because I couldn't move the lift itself. Can't imagine life without it. :D It's just so dang useful! jamminz.gif The lack of covered/dry storage might be an issue though...

Using my lift in pulling the cab from my Ranger while swapping cabs. Will use it again to pull the motor and lift the front off the ground when done with lift kit swapping too. Lifted a FWD car over the drivetrain I was taking out of it. Yup, darned useful tool.

my hillbilly lift is a stout 70 year old maple over the driveway, and a pair of 5K pound straps :)

wow, moving that hoist must be a bugger..

yeah, it takes a few people ;)

I'll take pics when the bed comes off. Should be an exercise in hillbilly engineering.

Before I owned the lift, I built this in the garage using 4x6s that were previously in the landscaping and a 2x10 that I attached to the top 4x6. :D It was loosely connected to the garage so that if it bowed, it wouldn't put stress on the rafters, but the rafter would prevent it from toppling over. I used it the yank the drivetrain out of the 78 Bronco I stripped down.