Wiring Headache, TPS rewire questions

Hello all

I've got an 87 4.0 2wd with a BA10/5. I'm in the process of fixing the previous owners "mistakes". The wiring is a nightmare. It seems every time a component went bad, they found a different, terrible way to hack up the wiring and bypass it. The Throttle Position Sensor is missing, and there are wires stuffed into the harness that run under the dash. They run into a (for lack of a better term) block. I'm not sure what this block is, and if it is part of the oem wiring schematic, or just some rigged up BS to trick the computer into "seeing" a TPS. Any light you can shed on the subject is much appreciated. 

IMG_20190913_090932.jpg

IMG_20190913_090344.jpg

Thanks, I'll.get to eliminating it. Any idea where these harness might go? I feel like the flat connector is unused because it is tucked away pretty good, it runs behind the washer reservoir on the driver's side fender. The square connector seems important though. That one is in the middle of the engine bay, right next to the injectors. All the loom is stripped away here and the harness is zip tied to the TPS monstrosity. I don't see any components nearby that are missing their harness. The picture of the square harness isn't the greatest. It's a 2x2 square 4 pin connector, but only 3 pins are used. 

IMG_20190913_090339.jpg

IMG_20190913_090351.jpg

22 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

The 2x2 block is for the auto transmission TPS. The four way by the washer bottle is for AC if your vehicle is not equipped. 

I'm confused, so this 2x2 should go unused for my 5speed?

I went to a junkyard yesterday and pulled a TPS unit connecting harness from an 88 XJ with an auto trans. It fits my truck and both of the harnesses. 

Also, I've heard you need to calibrate a TPS before it is used, do you know anything about that?