When that one person decide to waste your time.

Blaine.D

1 hour ago, Blaine.D said:

As I know of right now I don't think any of my friends did that. My best guess is someone was walking by and pull it to be funny because about a foot of cable was out because I have it hooked onto the dring on my bumper so it was probably an easy target for someone to be an a****** . I'm going to go to administration and see what are my options and if there are any cameras pointed at the parking lot.Other than that it's high school and somehow it's cool to screw with people's cars/trucks.

I didn't realize this was a high school parking lot.  Getting physical was probably bad advice.  That's how we handled things when I was in HS, but that was before social media.  We live in a different world now.  I don't have children, so I have no idea how this works these days, but I suspect if you report it to the school, they may make some kind of announcement to the student body, if there is a trend of this type of thing?  Back in my day, the principle would have talked to us, but not involved local law except as a last resort.  These days they would probably go straight to local PD.

My thinking for a lock, might be something like a box cover that tabs in at the bottom, and has one hole tab at the top to match to another tab on the bumper where a padlock could be installed, thus covering the whole fairlead area. It would keep crap off and out of that area when not in use too.... unless youre the mudder type, in which case it would be a mud trap.... 

13 hours ago, Minuit said:

I've got a bumper with artillery shells in stock right now! They go fast, so be sure to buy quickly.

Dang, I knew we could count on you.  I will take a deluxe model with flame thrower and loaded artillery synchronized with the surveillance camera.

8 hours ago, schardein said:

I didn't realize this was a high school parking lot.  Getting physical was probably bad advice.  That's how we handled things when I was in HS, but that was before social media.  We live in a different world now.  I don't have children, so I have no idea how this works these days, but I suspect if you report it to the school, they may make some kind of announcement to the student body, if there is a trend of this type of thing?  Back in my day, the principle would have talked to us, but not involved local law except as a last resort.  These days they would probably go straight to local PD.

People still fight stuff out at my High School for me its not worth it to fight someone over petty stuff. I know one of the VPs and talk to her about it this afternoon. She got one of the SRO (School resource officer) and he took down info about what happen. He told he will be checking the cameras and seeing if they can figure it out. Its up in the air I did park close to one of the buildings but its up on a hill and the camera is at least 300 feet away from the parking lot so who knows:dunno:. I personally don't like to complain, I just want to show up and do what i need to do to get my education. The part that i was most concern about was if someone else got hurt or their car got damaged. 

7 hours ago, dasbulliwagen said:

My thinking for a lock, might be something like a box cover that tabs in at the bottom, and has one hole tab at the top to match to another tab on the bumper where a padlock could be installed, thus covering the whole fairlead area. It would keep crap off and out of that area when not in use too.... unless youre the mudder type, in which case it would be a mud trap.... 

Well I am making a plate to go over the fairlead and I will post back on here with what I made. 

7 hours ago, Manche757 said:

Dang, I knew we could count on you.  I will take a deluxe model with flame thrower and loaded artillery synchronized with the surveillance camera.

Have you guys not seen that bumper that was designed by the same engineers that made the Ford Pinto.