coil spacer install

I think the best way is to jack stand the front of the truck. Take tire off, shocks and sway bars, and jack one side of the axle all the way up until the coil falls out or you can get a coil compressor tool. JUST BE CAREFUL this tool can break slip off or do some thing weird and go flying.

I have never done this but this is what I have read. Also if you go to CW build I think there is some pics of when he put in his.

LIke Rok said support vehicle on jack stands

Remove wheels

unbolt shocks

remove brake calipers (unless you want to undo the brake lines)

UNbolt sway bar end links.

Unbolt spring retaining clip onthe axle

This should drop your axle low enough that you can pull the spring without using a compressor. That is if you have tall enough jack stands.

If doing it with out a spring compressor I strongly sugest having a floor jack supporting the axle befor you unbolt all the above said parts as it will be hard to do so afterwards. Also it will be needed to hook up all the parts you removed

Disclaimer.... I have done it this way before... I make no representation that this is the proper way to do it... If you get hurt I am not liable

LIke Rok said support vehicle on jack stands

Remove wheels

unbolt shocks

remove brake calipers (unless you want to undo the brake lines)

UNbolt sway bar end links.

Unbolt spring retaining clip onthe axle

This should drop your axle low enough that you can pull the spring without using a compressor. That is if you have tall enough jack stands.

If doing it with out a spring compressor I strongly sugest having a floor jack supporting the axle befor you unbolt all the above said parts as it will be hard to do so afterwards. Also it will be needed to hook up all the parts you removed

Disclaimer.... I have done it this way before... I make no representation that this is the proper way to do it... If you get hurt I am not liable

Thanks guys....but

i am lifting the truck(RC 3" kit) i'm putting in the spacer to level the truck out i know how to take the front apart the question is how does the acctual coil spacer stay in place??

sorry for the bad explainations guys. does anyone understand what i'm trying to say? :nuts:

I prefer to install them this way as it eliminates the "squeaks" associated with the spacers.

spacer

factory isolator

coil

I'm not a fan of putting the spacer directly in contact with the coil. But to each thier own...

This would be the correct way IMO. If your isolators are old I would replace them also. They have a steel insert in them that can rust out.

I found a new trick today when I installed my spacers. I bought a second set of compressors. I jacked the truck up until I got the frame supported then put the 1st set of compressors on & cranked'em down before I drooped the axle. Then I installed the 2nd set of compressors which were able to grab lower on the already compressed coil & allowed it to be compressed even further.

The advantages were twofold. First, it was much safer having 4 compressors spread around the coil, plus this let the springs literally fall out. No prying at all.

The NAPA coil compressors are 40 bucks a pair, but with the 2nd set helping out, this was the first time I felt relatively safe working with a compressed coil.

Glad it worked out so well for ya!! factory length coils are pretty easy...once you get into 4-6" lifted coils with stock CA's the fun really begins!!

BUT... if you graduate to Long-arms or Drop brackets. Spring work is again a SNAP!!!

Here is a shot with everything attached sans the shock.

In this shot, I needed the jack under the axle to hold the spring from falling out. When I was trying to put in the shock. This is a 4.5" lifted front coil.

CW