It's all fun and games until your truck is a burning heap next to the road.

As someone who has played with wiring and electronics on one or two occasions, nothing about that picture you've posted is funny. Every single wire in that hacked together harness needs to be traced out and compared with both the original harness and the donor vehicle. The splices need to be done with insulated heat shrink crimp terminals at a BARE MINIMUM. Soldered or uninsulated crimp connections backed up with adhesive-lined heatshrink are better. Even better is to not have splices at all, even if it means replacing the connector and running new wiring. The crimps in that picture are barely suitable for interior work, let alone mission critical wiring under the vehicle in close proximity to a tank full of fuel. I don't see the strain-relief crimp either, so chances are those connections were made with a pair of pliers.

Also, if you're going to post a help thread, we need to know every detail you can tell us about this truck. We can't help you if we have to beat every detail out of you. We are here to help, but you've gotta give us what we need to help.

37 minutes ago, Minuit said:

It's all fun and games until your truck is a burning heap next to the road.

As someone who has played with wiring and electronics on one or two occasions, nothing about that picture you've posted is funny. Every single wire in that hacked together harness needs to be traced out and compared with both the original harness and the donor vehicle. The splices need to be done with insulated heat shrink crimp terminals at a BARE MINIMUM. Soldered or uninsulated crimp connections backed up with adhesive-lined heatshrink are better. Even better is to not have splices at all, even if it means replacing the connector and running new wiring. The crimps in that picture are barely suitable for interior work, let alone mission critical wiring under the vehicle in close proximity to a tank full of fuel. I don't see the strain-relief crimp either, so chances are those connections were made with a pair of pliers.

Also, if you're going to post a help thread, we need to know every detail you can tell us about this truck. We can't help you if we have to beat every detail out of you. We are here to help, but you've gotta give us what we need to help.

Are you missing the picture? I said gas guage not anything else. I've  welded next 100s of tanks I'm not worried about 6 volts 3 feet from tank

• 1 year later...