MJ Tail Light Replacement

Hello Everyone,

A co-worker and I are in the process of getting a resin printer and have been thinking of ideas for projects to utilize it in connection with my standard 3-D printer. My initial thought was making a replacement tail light for our Comanches by duplicating the OEM spares I have. However, the lens cover would have to become a two piece as the printer would not be able to do it in one large section.

So with that said I would like to request help on determining what section of the housing needs to be strength or adjusted for off-road use and longevity.  The two (2) side attachment points that utilized clip nuts was the major area that broke on mine and thought about replacing with a riveted anchor nut but looking for feed back on other weak points.

Thank you and will update with modeling work as it is completed.

The strengthened point should probably be the rear/outside edge of the light housing. The lens is good as is and if strengthened too much the clarity through the thickness could be effected. Ive had similar thoughts of making one that fit the body line and could then mount any oval light much like the fabricated ones some have made. 

Bty I appreciate the input and information regarding the oval option. I hadn't planned to much change on the lens themselves except make an upper and lower piece as the printer doesn't have the height capacity for the lens.

even if the factory replacement attempt doesn't pan out, it'd still be awesome if someone could fab an adapter housing for something more readily available.  :L:  for example: XJ tails, trailer tails, dakota tails, etc.