WK2 intake upgrade question

dasbulliwagen

I know there are a few WK2 people here. Ive stumbled upon a possible cheap power upgrade using a 2016 and up PUG (3.6L Pentastar upgrade) lower intake manifold. It is supposed to be bolt in to the regular Pentastar and have increased flow. Do any of you know if adding the upper intake as well would be worth it assuming any of you know anything about this? I know the upper would have to have an EGR blockoff, and have wires extended for different placement of throttle body and MAP. 

For those with experience, are there any other 3.6 power upgrades besides for the obvious ones like a tuner, cold air intake, supercharger or selling it and buying one with a Hemi? The lower intake is only $100 and Ive ordered one for a future upgrade. Thanks 

here's a couple links:

https://www.200forums.com/forum/58-2015-2016-chrysler-200-uf-engine-technical-discussion/64052-higher-flowing-lower-intake.html

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1152734

Yeah....  thats not happening. Especially when I still have powertrain warranty. 

The 3.6 so far has been a really good engine, power wise and in ease of servicability (relatively speaking). We are starting to see them with 200,000 miles on with no issues, and they seem to take the occasional overheat very well. Had one in recently that got so hot it melted the lower intake manifold which caused vacuum leaks and poor running. There was no apparent warpage or head gasket issues after repair. 

Its just that in a big heavy Grand Cherokee it seems sluggish unless you put your foot in it. I think most of though has to do with programming, keeping the trans in as high a gear as possible for fuel milage, Though when that 8 speed kicks down, it will take off! But every little bit helps. I know the 16 and up models have at 10-20 horse more than the earlier ones. That lower intake may be a big part of it.

I'm not familiar with the WK. I know on the WJ you can run the 08+ intake and it helps. It was a difference in the runner design that flowed better at lower RPM. I was thinking about doing it on my WJ but I had already spent too much on my junk.