V8 swap

Ok I know I’m gonna hear some slack on this but I wanted to do a different swap so I’m getting ready to pull my tired 4.0 renix and swapping in a 1971 Ford 302 with c4 auto with 60,000 original miles out of a mustang. Where can I find engine mounts for this swap and what other things should I look for . Or has any one ever done this swap? I’m also looking to want to do break booster upgrade and dash gage up grade .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why will you get flack?

I'm not big on Ford, maybe there is some variation that I'm not aware of, but of that era the sump is in the front of the engine, right where the front axle is. 

I'm assuming you are not lifted and you are not going 4X.

You are going to have clearance issues all over the place, hood clearance, axle, exhaust, probably the trans tunnel.......check your length as it relates to the radiator and accessories, you have to have room for a radiator and a fan. 

You'll have to make your own mounts, none exist that I'm aware of. 

Whatever you do, do not cut the frame, anywhere. This makes the difference between a mechanic and a hack.........just my honest opinion. Don't be a hack. 

Image result for 302 v8 engine

Why will you get flack?

I'm not big on Ford, maybe there is some variation that I'm not aware of, but of that era the sump is in the front of the engine, right where the front axle is. 

I'm assuming you are not lifted and you are not going 4X.

You are going to have clearance issues all over the place, hood clearance, axle, exhaust, probably the trans tunnel.......check your length as it relates to the radiator and accessories, you have to have room for a radiator and a fan. 

You'll have to make your own mounts, none exist that I'm aware of. 

Whatever you do, do not cut the frame, anywhere. This makes the difference between a mechanic and a hack.........just my honest opinion. Don't be a hack. 

9153200_L_2d662207-c2ea-48ec-8920-626b0d249b38.jpg

It’s going in an 89 2 wheel drive Comanche

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image result for fox body oil pan 302

You still have a deep pan in the front. 

Here is an LS pan..........you can get similar for SBC from a Camaro-

Image result for fox body oil pan 302

Poor representation of an axle slice and patch but I've seen this done for pan clearance. 

And you are likely to have steering issues as well. 

I'm just pointing out what you'll have to overcome and why you don't see anyone else doing it.

Jeep_XJ-R_Grassroots_Motorsports_Challenge_turbo_autocross19