Cut/Paste URL within CC.com

Probably just me doing something weird, but … I used to be able to point to a specific reply by pasting the URL as a reply. 

It was helpful because it redirected the CC member to threads where the question has been asked and answered previously.  

Now if you cut and paste the URL information it appears as if you're quoting the OP of a thread.  It only happens within CC.com.  You can still paste a URL from

some other site (ie; Ebay, Craigslist … etc.)

7 hours ago, NHMJXJ said:

Probably just me doing something weird, but … I used to be able to point to a specific reply by pasting the URL as...

Right after you paste a CC link into a reply, check the bottom of the reply input area.  There is a notice saying your link can/will be embedded a nd you have the option to click to paste as a plain link instead. Use that option to paste a plain link instead of embedding it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 5:44 PM, kryptronic said:

click to paste as a plain link instead

My previous reply to this thread is pasted as a link, but it inks to my OP from this thread. 

Again, I believe at one point you could actually post a URL link to a specific reply within a forum. 

14 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

There is a share icon on the upper right..........three dots.

I'm assuming you are referring to an app.  I use a desktop PC to browse CC.com and while I'm running 10, I also use "never 10" because I hate the windowing.  My goal is to point to a specific reply within a thread that answers a question already asked.  That way the person seeking the remedy/answer doesn't have to read through an entire thread (although there's lots of good reading in here).

I also use a regular 'puter (win 7) and I clicked on the 3 little dots and it gave me a link that leads to that specific post you see above.  is that what you seek?  each post has its own 3 dots thingie.

Ahh now I see the three dots.  I always assumed they linked an "offending" post to a moderator, because they're preceded with "report post".  I'm not sure that will achieve the goal, but I'll test it when the need presents itself.  I think what Jeep Driver was referring to is the three   ...  dots you see at the top right on apps for forums on a phone.  I don't use tap-a-talk or FB messenger or any of that stuff.  It's all a PITA.