Rotted floor

My 87 needs a whole new floor. I’ve looked into the replacement front and rear panels. Problem is the metal over the trans tunnel needs to be replaced as well. The panels I’ve seen don’t include the trans area. The one place I found online that had the entire floor replacement, hadn’t updated their website, and didn’t really have it. So what are my options? Am I going to need to source a parts Comanche truck or will the floor from a mid 80’s XJ work? 

The floors are different between MJ and XJ. They are close enough that you could make it work though.  

IF you found an MJ with a good enough floor to cut out, it's likely not a parts truck and thus would be a waste.  

Ok, would it make sense to just use the trans area from the XJ and still go with the Comanche replacement floor pans? Got quite a few mid 80's XJs near me at salvage yards. Figured if I could use the entire XJ floor pan it would make things easier.

The front part of the XJ pan is pretty similar, and wouldn't take too much work to adapt. It's the the rear cab area (under the seats) that is drastically different. 

I don't know if collectively we've found a supplier for proper MJ floorpan repops. Pretty sure they're all just XJ pans of varying quality, by which I mean most of them don't really fit the XJ either. 

Most of the pics here( including mine) were patching in floor pan areas. Maybe post some pics of the trans area that you are trying to repair. Some members may have faced the same issues. Maybe you can get away with using patch panel material. Whatever the case it will take a little time and effort to ‘massage’ these pieces into place.