Climate control problems

So about 6 months ago I noticed my climate control can be switched to all positions but it is stuck in defrost. I’ve messed with some of the vacuum lines and found a one way valve was stuck shut on the intake manifold so I freed it up. Has anybody else run into this issue?

18 minutes ago, All around mj said:

I’ve messed with some of the vacuum lines and found a one way valve was stuck shut on the intake manifold so I freed it up.

How did your actually fix this?

Also, lost of source vacuum causes the ventilation system to default to defrost only.

Common place for the line to the reservoir to get damaged is where it runs past the battery. It's pretty easy to catch it with the battery while you're changing it. I've also seen pretty poor jobs of sealing the vacuum line to the heater valve after it was deleted. 

4 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

Common place for the line to the reservoir to get damaged is where it runs past the battery. It's pretty easy to catch it with the battery while you're changing it.

Come to think of it, I may have changed the battery around the time the problem started. Thanks for the input. I will check into it on my lunch break.

I did kind of a quick visual/feel check by the battery but nothing too in depth. Since the cruise control ties into the line just behind there I’ll see if it works on the way home. I can take the battery out and do a better check after I get home. If I don’t find any issues under the hood I will assume I could have a rodent problem or maybe a bad seal/line behind the dash.

Well the cruise control worked fine and I didn’t see any problems under the hood so I guess that means I’ll be taking the dash out. I’m probably going to wait until I redo my a/c. Neither of the systems were charged when I got the Comanche nor the donor Cherokee.