2wd brake upgrade

I did a search on Rock Auto. Timken provides info. 2000 flange offset -1.908. 1998 flange offset _ 2.133. So roughly .225  offset difference. So, figure 1/4 = .250. There is a .025 stack up variance. This might do for the OP with WJ knuckles, no spacer.  I think my variance was 1/16 for the 07-08 Nitro rotors. Just have to make sure there is some movement of the caliper with new pads. 

Wow a lot of information here. So it looks like I have options for the brakes. Either way I'm getting new knuckles because I have the 2wd spindles. I'm hitting up a couple of yards this weekend and they do have older stuff so I guess my first plan would be get some 88 to 89 knuckles for that GC/gt500 set up just ease of using the stock steering, if I can find any. I work at a parts store part time so I can get the rotors and calipers pretty cheap either way. The GC/gt500 stuff isn't that much more expensive than WJ

Also looking into shocks too.  Found an old article about a lowered Comanche and it said he ran f150 shocks. No year given though. Guess I'll have to check lengths and stuff.

all I can add is that the XJ shackle is only good for 1/2" drop in height and brings with it the chance of inversion if the truck goes up on a lift because it's shorter (it can invert on the way down when weight is put back on the suspension).  It's not the end of the world as long as you remember it and make sure it doesn't happen.  Inversion of the shackle will essentially bend the main back on itself.

ForumRunner_20151007_154409.jpg

trying to get the interior on this thing buttoned up so brakes will have to hold for a bit.  I did get knuckles and a booster off a WJ this past weekend so it will happen.  Also ordered a s10 front air dam and will try to make it work.  The entire cab is filled with parts and I got more on the way, but no time to work on it sucks.

Get a 2wd axle from a 90-98 Cherokee or 93-98 ZJ. Go to Autozone and get their C-Max brake pads and Duralast Gold rotors that are coated. They will haul your light 2wd MJ down real fast and it will be all bolt in. 

In my 3400 lb 4wd XJ it stops really well and the pads are aggressive enough to wear out the rotors while only half way wearing out the pads.

I got 60,000 miles out of the rotors with fairly aggressive driving and towing duties.