Flowmaster Super 10 - Too loud?

2 hours ago, Dzimm said:

Yeah it would sound pretty much the same.  Are you looking for loud or for the grumbly sound?

I would like it to have a deeper tone.  But I don’t want too much drone.  With the cat on, maybe drone wouldn’t be so bad.

The super 10 is a pretty small muffler so it's going to be fairly loud and more likely to drone, the rest of the exhaust plays into it though so ymmv.  Most of what I've read is that people with XJs tend to run the Flowmaster 40 or 44 for the deeper tone without creating drone or stupid obnoxious loud.  The 40 is louder than the 44.

I just put the super 44 on my truck and it isn't much louder than stock at idle but has a nice grumble.  You can really hear it when you accelerate quickly, otherwise its pretty quiet in the cab with no drone at speed.

3 hours ago, NEO auto said:

I would like it to have a deeper tone.  But I don’t want too much drone.  With the cat on, maybe drone wouldn’t be so bad.

I used to run a thrush welded muffler on my XJ. Had a nice sound but on the trails the drone was annoying. Didn't notice it a lot of the highway, probably because of all the other "sounds".  Most all aftermarket mufflers will drone, especially the smaller ones. If you want to eliminate the drone you can add a resonator to help. On my WJ I'll be running a super 50 with the resonator.