1988 LWB pioneer price? (Pics added)

JohnQ

How much would you guy's be willing to pay for a 1988 LWB 2wd pioneer. She has less than 60,000 miles on her, clean carfax, cold AC, Auto, needs new tires, but is clean. No rust! It's at a dealer so the price is already too high. I've negotiated them down $1000 plus half off the shipping to my door.

I could have the truck in 5-7 days for just over $4000. Is this too high?

IMHO, too high. 2000 is the highest I'd ever pay for an old truck. Not like it was a one-off production for a million bucks...

Rocky.....Don't you have your "friend's" '91 MJ listed for $4800???

John - Dealer, I would walk away from that, never see a good deal at a dealer, and never seen the justification of there mark-up from Auction to lot price.

'88 LWB, 2WD for 4 thousand, little high. You watch the prices like the rest of us, and see what the prices are on e-bay, so what do you think??

I don't know if you watch this place, but just look at the diffrence in prices from the dealers to the private seller,

http://jeep.autoextra.com/model/comanche

And the AutoTrader.com has some of the highest prices all over :eek:

So, you want it, you like it, then buy it. Pay the price and be done, OR, keep looking and find something closer, I've seen alot of MJ listed on e-bay right in TX. You just got to wait for them to come up, OR put a listing up under the "Want it Now".

IMHO, too high. 2000 is the highest I'd ever pay for an old truck. Not like it was a one-off production for a million bucks...

Rocky.....Don't you have your "friend's" '91 MJ listed for $4800???

Not my truck, and I have no control over what he wants for it. I'd pay 2000 for it, if I had the cash, and if he would go that low. But that's the most I'd pay for it.

I am always on the look out for decent low mile comanches. This truck only has 60,000 orginal miles! How many 20 year old trucks are out there with low miles?

If I can talk the dealer down a couple hundred $$ more I will probably get the truck. It's only a little more than a $1000 dollar mark up from the blue book value. :roll:

. I've negotiated them down $1000 plus half off the shipping to my door.

3 grand for shipping????

A one-way plane ticket, a couple of nights in a hotel, and temp tags would be WAY cheaper than that.....

You live in Texas, Southwest will get you anywhere you need to go.

. I've negotiated them down $1000 plus half off the shipping to my door.

3 grand for shipping????

A one-way plane ticket, a couple of nights in a hotel, and temp tags would be WAY cheaper than that.....

You live in Texas, Southwest will get you anywhere you need to go.

If shipping was that much, I would be changing my line of work! ;)

I negotiated them down $1000 from their asking price. I just counter offered their latest offer. If they accept it I get a nice, new to me, daily driver. :D

I am always on the look out for decent low mile comanches. This truck only has 60,000 orginal miles! How many 20 year old trucks are out there with low miles?

Yea.....low milage is some times good, I had a '87 with 67K, total rot box, got cut up for parts, the u-joints on the D30 have 1 inch of play in them, has ever oil leak you can think of.

Another '87 I have has 63K on it, and is in very rought shape, does not start, have not started working on that one yet.

The '89 I drive now, I got that with 81K on it, and after going thru it, replacing ever seal, All axle bearings, u-joints, rebuild the cooling system, re-build the brake system, New clutch, corroded wires and about everything else, and over $1600 in parts, oh yea, a 20 year old truck with low milage that's been sitting, yea a real good deal :cry:

I guest if someone took VERY good care of the 20 year old truck, and did maintenance on it, and replace the dry rotted seals, then it's a good deal, but expect to pay for all of that. Which your posting here.

I have to deal with the rust up here, which eats the crap out of the trucks, but has nothing to do with the dry rot of the seals, or the poor maintenance done on the trucks from the PO.

Even low milage, it's still a 20 year old truck :eek:

Yea.....low milage is some times good, I had a '87 with 67K, total rot box, got cut up for parts, the u-joints on the D30 have 1 inch of play in them, has ever oil leak you can think of.

Another '87 I have has 63K on it, and is in very rought shape, does not start, have not started working on that one yet.

The '89 I drive now, I got that with 81K on it, and after going thru it, replacing ever seal, All axle bearings, u-joints, rebuild the cooling system, re-build the brake system, New clutch, corroded wires and about everything else, and over $1600 in parts, oh yea, a 20 year old truck with low milage that's been sitting, yea a real good deal :cry:

I guest if someone took VERY good care of the 20 year old truck, and did maintenance on it, and replace the dry rotted seals, then it's a good deal, but expect to pay for all of that. Which your posting here.

I have to deal with the rust up here, which eats the crap out of the trucks, but has nothing to do with the dry rot of the seals, or the poor maintenance done on the trucks from the PO.

Even low milage, it's still a 20 year old truck :eek:

My MJ has 79k, body excellent, still needs some work to get it back to a reliable DD.

Buy that laredo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's probably not the deal of the century but 60,000 mile Comanches are rare. These old trucks are holding their value well unlike many other vehicles out there so at $4000 you won't be losing much if you ever decide to sell it. You could spend $40,000 for a new truck put 1000 miles on it and it will lose more in value than that Jeep will cost.

I say if you have the money and want the truck buy it. There are worse ways to spend 4 grand and this one you will probably enjoy.

opsled