Off road trails

mancheflo

23 minutes ago, schardein said:

There were some private land owners in Crozet, VA that used to invite folks to wheel on there land on weekends for a small fee.  You camped out in the pasture/front yard.  I don't remember their names, but good people and we had fun on the trails.

Have you ever done the bald rock trail?

That sounds familiar... not sure though.

I know you are asking for local Shenandoah area, but you aren't far from Rausch Creek off road park in PA.  I've been there several times and had a blast.

There are also trails in the George Washington National Forest.  When I lived in VA, I was a member of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association (NOVA Jeepers).  They do trips to Rausch Creek and GW National Forest.  I met a lot of cool people and learned of a couple local trails through them.  NOVA Jeepers has a website/forum that was pretty active when I lived there.

1 hour ago, schardein said:

That sounds familiar... not sure though.

I know you are asking for local Shenandoah area, but you aren't far from Rausch Creek off road park in PA.  I've been there several times and had a blast.

There are also trails in the George Washington National Forest.  When I lived in VA, I was a member of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association (NOVA Jeepers).  They do trips to Rausch Creek and GW National Forest.  I met a lot of cool people and learned of a couple local trails through them.  NOVA Jeepers has a website/forum that was pretty active when I lived there.

PA is a little far for me, I’m more towards the Lexington area so that’s a drive and a half