Rainy day winter brisket

mjeff87

So I had this chunk of brisket flat I wanted to make for dinner tonight, but didn't feel like messing around with the smoker and whatnot because the weather here is/has been crappy.  An online search for an "authentic Jewish brisket" recipie led me to this:

https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/onion-braised-beef-brisket.html

Holy mother of brisket recipes.  I can't swear to it's authentic-ness as a real Jewish recipie (I'm a recovering Catholic, lol), but holy hells bells is it good:drool:. It's just about finished cooking now, and I'm going to let it rest for a few hours before eating but I had to sneak a taste.  The only changes I made were omitting the carrots (I'm going to roast them on the side separately later on....I hate mushy carrots) and I added a couple extra garlic cloves and a tsp of beef base when I started braising.  I'm either going to make potato pancakes or mashed potatoes to go with....not sure we're going to make it 'till dinner though:laugh:. The whole house smells like every grandmother that ever lived is here cooking Sunday (Saturday?) afternoon dinners here right now.