Lift kit.

There are a few companies that sell 6.5" kits (rough country, Rusty's, ECT).  8" kits are getting into long arm and I know Rusty's has one.  I have a Rusty's 4.5" kit and like it, other people will tell you to not waste money on the "budget" kits and just build your own.

You will need to go spring over axle in the rear to get that high no matter what you do, I think all the kits come with the perches to do that.  You can build your own lift from junkyard parts, there was an old thread brought back up about that recently.  I can't remember if that had info for that much of a lift though.

For the Comanche, and most vehicles, there aren't really kits that come with everything you need.  They all seem to lack something.  

What does your lift consist of? Did you use coil spacers or swap springs?  If you went SOA then you have at least 5"-5.5" of lift in the rear already.  

Assuming you don't have coil spacers already, you could add them to get to 6.5" up front and some longer shackles in the rear.  Iirc Chevy drop shackles will lift our trucks some.

2 hours ago, Wilsony24 said:

I offroad/rock crawl frequently.  Right now I have a 4 inch short arm lift. Already did a spring over in the rear when I put in an 8.25 Chrysler.

did you weld on new perches or reused the stock XJ?

for that high of a lift, I would definitely be looking at longarms.  :L: 

Long arms for sure. Budget is next. How much you want to spend? You swapping axles or keeping what you have? What size rubbers? 

There isnt a "best" kit but you can price together what your version of best is. Stinkyfab 3 link or ironman4x4 4 link are some awesome set ups. Coils and leafs will depend on budget. Get fancy and go deavers/alcan or Bastard pack the rear or add some 53 or 62 chevy springs. Coils Iro, clayton a other I can't remember.