Pete M

saw a manual trans Dakota in the 'yards today...

4.7L engine so I'm guessing it's an nv3500?  should I try to get it?  more importantly, will it bolt to my CRD?  :D  lol 

it's killing me not to go get this.  but it's too much effort (pulling a transmission by myself? haha, yeah not since I was in my 20s) for something I don't need right now.  maybe when I get back home in a week I'll reevaluate.  :D  if it's still there by then it must be fate, right? 

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

it's killing me not to go get this.  but it's too much effort (pulling a transmission by myself? haha, yeah not since I was in my 20s) for something I don't need right now.  maybe when I get back home in a week I'll reevaluate.  :D  if it's still there by then it must be fate, right? 

How old are you?

43 last I checked.  old enough to know how serious my back issues can get from wrestling transmissions in a gravel junkyard.   :crazy:  

4 minutes ago, Pete M said:

43 last I checked.  old enough to know how serious my back issues can get from wrestling transmissions in a gravel junkyard.   :crazy:  

Pete, a trick I do is find a separated tire and a long big hatch plastic. Slide the plastic under with the tire on top and just let the crossmember flop with tyranny and all. Then you can just slide it out by the panel as long as you get the shift tower removed first(really before dropping the crewmember). I have never had help. I had them put it on the A frame once for me and I'd rather crawl in the mud than that anus puckerer again.

54 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I turned 53 last month. 

Just wait. 

I still work circles round the 20-somethings.

Are we sure that doesn't say more about the 20-somethings these days. :roflmao:   the key is to stay active and exercise.  Keep at it and maybe when you hit 70 you can show up the kids at softball like my Dad. :L:  that's my goal at least.  :grinyes: 

I think it says allot about the 20-something's these days. There are a few works but most just want everything handed to them. That is my experience at this point. 

Pete, what year dakota?

Whatever year it is.....itll bolt up to the CRD.........

'03 I think.  my hands start twitching at the thought of a manual transmission in that thing   :D