New Member - New Owner 1987 2.5 2WD

I’ve read thru the most important tips and wow that was an awesome post. Thank you all for those gems. 

So a few questions I hope to find the answers for

1. If I find an XJ on the cheap, what years/parts would work best for my Comanche? (I.e. 87-95 or only 87-91) seats, Engine Swap, 4WD upgrade, etc.
  2. Are there 4 port injectors available for the 2.5?
  3. Where on Gods green earth do I find the correct ccv hoses for my 2.5. $#!& is leaking 😆

Same year MJ and four-door XJ parts should be the same from the doors forward. Engine control parts will interchange best from '87 to *'90 (not '91). Most other stuff in the front end will interchange up to '96, or in some cases through the whole production run, although there are some differences, like say the brakes, where there was a major redesign at some point and you can't mix and match parts from before/after the the change.

Pretty much any question you've had will have come up at some point or another, so I'd encourage using the search feature, or my preferred method, a Google search including the term site:comancheclub.com to limit results to this domain, but sometimes answers aren't so clear, or you get stuck on something no one else has... happens to all of us at some point in time. 

I've one question for you... why the gigantic font?

The font is due to me typing from the iPhone.

Thanks Gogorgo.  That “not 91” sounds like a pro tip

Pete: Primarily a solid daily. I’m in absolutely no rush, but long term goal would be 4WD highway vehicle. If it goes off-road it’s along camping grounds or access roads. 

I don’t mind the 4cyl at all as I have a heavy foot. That said, a bit more hp is always welcome. From what I’ve read 4 port injectors, cleaning up gaskets & compression, and then potentially the AX5 (with a particular gearing) may help a bit. 

I’m short, I don’t want off-road bada** not need it, I want solid & reliable. My 6 year old daughter rides in this truck.

Most of the 2.5l mods you will see, like the 4 port injectors or 4.0l TB are for the 91 and newer MPFI 2.5l.

The 86-90 TBI 2.5l is a great engine but you won't find much as far as performance parts, just get it running well then gear the axles correctly for whatever tire size you want and run it.