Parking brake light stuck on

Does anyone know why my parking brake light would be stuck on? The brake didn’t work when I bought the truck so I never use it and one day it just lit up and has never went off. Sprayed some electronics cleaner and wd40 all over the pedal below the dash but nothing changed 773b447034e50d92203687e31e350cb4.jpg

Then I’ll have to search for a writeup to actually fix the brake, another day another project..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of two things will make that light shine bright.

The shuttle in the distribution valve has shifted - fluid loss, most likely to the rear circuits (you probably would have already noticed if it was to the front).

The parking brake switch has grounded.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You can unplug the distribution valve wiring and if the light goes out its in there, if the light stays on its in the park brake, could be the wires grounded against the body of the pedal, or the switch has shifted and now thinks the park brake is on. Another thought, are you sure the pedal didn't get depressed by accident, it may look normal but still be engaged enough to turn the light on.

Disconnecting the Brake Warning Switch also disconnects the Parking Brake Switch. You need to disconnect the Parking Brake Switch in order to determine which switch is faulty. Brake Warning Switch or Parking Brake Switch. There is also a third path to ground with the Ignition Switch (Bulb Check circuit).