89 won't stay running.

So my MJ has randomly stop running. Looking under the hood I notice that the green fusible link was fried. I replaced it and now the jeep only stays running if I hold the ignition switch in the starting position. I have a feeling its the ecm but I don't know for sure. My jeep has a 4.0 and a manual transmission.

2 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

So both the engine is running and the starter is engaged (cranking)?

Yeah, so when I hold the key in the starting position the engine stays running but the starter sounds like it disengages but I'm not 100% sure about that.

24 minutes ago, Pete M said:

a more likely culprit is the ignition switch. 

Power distribution has three (3) fusible links that are color coded green. One of these fusible links feed the Ignition Switch. If that's the one you replaced, suspect Ignition Switch.

2 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Power distribution has three (3) fusible links that are color coded green. One of these fusible links feed the Ignition Switch. If that's the one you replaced, suspect Ignition Switch.

The diagram I working with isn't that great, its from a chilton that covers xj/mj/zj from 84/98. Ill try replacing the ignition switch tomorrow when it isn't raining.