Trying to start for the first time

Open the garage door, shift into reverse with the engine off, then step on the clutch and turn the starter. If the truck tries to move, your clutch isn't disengaging.

[Edit]Correction -- you have the nose pointing at the door. Put it in first gear and then touch the starter -- with your foot on the clutch.

Open the garage door, shift into reverse with the engine off, then step on the clutch and turn the starter. If the truck tries to move, your clutch isn't disengaging.

[Edit]Correction -- you have the nose pointing at the door. Put it in first gear and then touch the starter -- with your foot on the clutch.

A light grinding sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Kalal92 said:

No movement

Did you try engaging the clutch? If the truck doesn't move with the clutch disengaged and the engine running, what happens if you try to engage the clutch?

Did you try engaging the clutch? If the truck doesn't move with the clutch disengaged and the engine running, what happens if you try to engage the clutch?

I did not try to engage the clutch when it was in gear and running because the grinding I only had it running for a second

Did the grinding sound like the noise we heard in the video when you tried to shift into gear? Are you sure the transmission was fully in first when you tried it?

Try it in second. Even if it makes noise, try to let up on the clutch for a moment just to see if the truck moves. You don't have to drive it, the idea is just to see if the clutch is working properly.

You're asking us to help you figure out what's wrong, but you're not doing any trouble-shooting. It's tough to diagnose from a distance with no input.

Did the grinding sound like the noise we heard in the video when you tried to shift into gear? Are you sure the transmission was fully in first when you tried it?

Try it in second. Even if it makes noise, try to let up on the clutch for a moment just to see if the truck moves. You don't have to drive it, the idea is just to see if the clutch is working properly.

You're asking us to help you figure out what's wrong, but you're not doing any trouble-shooting. It's tough to diagnose from a distance with no input.

A little lighter and coming from the clutch area I will try what you said when I get off work

Got home went to the garage started to record a video to show you and put it in gear with clutch down let off and it move forward neutral back in gear with it running and did not grind. I have a video if needed but happy it’s not grinding