La Dee Flats OHV

Me&my86MJ

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 1:38 PM, Pete M said:

good ol' stock SUVs   :D   it really doesn't take much at all to find the approach/breakover/departure angles

Definitely not with these land yachts, together they are almost as long as a school bus, and can carry just as many kids🤣

• 3 weeks later...

I've been out there several times since it's only about 40 minutes from home, it's a newer area and is growing, it's currently not a very big OHV area but it's still a good time.

4XNation is working with the forest service to improve and build the area, the club does clean ups and work parties up there as well as lots of wheeling trips, so check them out.

They are more active on Facebook but also have a forum.

• 2 months later...

On 2/10/2019 at 9:08 PM, mnkyboy said:

4XNation is working with the forest service to improve and build the area, the club does clean ups and work parties up there as well as lots of wheeling trips, so check them out.

I managed to make it to 4xNation's May the Forest be with you clean up, got the comanche to there and back home with some mild fender carnages from tire rub, pulled apart and  dropped my exhaust, and power steering decided to leak out of soft line.

20190506_071410.jpg

20190504_103445.jpg

20190504_125502.jpg

20190504_125508.jpg

20190504_140440.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2019 at 11:44 AM, mnkyboy said:

That's awesome, this was the first year that I've missed it.

I try to make it even if the MJ doesn't come with me, it's usually a pretty good event.

Dang, would have been awesome to see another member and your awesome comanche. I believe that I was the only person with a comanche that day too. 

On 5/10/2019 at 7:51 AM, Pete M said:

need just a weeee bit more bumpstop :D 

Yeah I knew that I was going to need some bumpstops or a trim or more lift or all of the above but I just could not resist taking down the trails.  So I decided to correct/fix problem from all three areas with a little bumpstops, little coil spacer, and some fender triming

20190603_082524.jpg

20190608_192024.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well 802 has some deep holes, didn't even manage to touch the bottom of this one as my front axle high centered the instant I entered it. Not sure lockers would have helped forward progress like that either, definitely could have helped trying to reverse out of it. Lucky I had some new friends with to help with a little pull backwards. 

Screenshot_20190803-170012_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20190804-153458_Video Player.jpg

20190803_100237.jpg

Screenshot_20190806-090330_Video Player.jpg

14 hours ago, Pete M said:

lockers are a fantastic way of getting yourself hopelessly stuck instead of merely kinda stuck.   :D 

friends and tow points are key!  :comanche:

Well hopelessly stuck looks a lot cooler then getting stuck before you even fully enter a pit.lol. Looks like you had a great time too.

• 4 weeks later...