97+ swap fuel pump problem

So finally got my other codes cleared up on my 97+ swap and go to start and it cranks but no start. Fuel pump isnt kicking on when i turn the key to the on position. I'm using the dakota fuel tank and sending unit and have double checked the wires to it and they are all going to the right place. Took a battery and jumped right to the fuel pump and it started to run. I also tried jumping the fuel pump relay but that didnt do anything. What connectors should i be checking next?

2 hours ago, 1988manche said:

Ill have to look into it more, is there any connectors near it to make it a little easier to find?

Follow the fuel pump wire back to the harness you plugged it into (I put mine behind the back panel in the cab), I'm fairly certain there is a ground off that harness near the plugs. 

1 hour ago, Dzimm said:

Follow the fuel pump wire back to the harness you plugged it into (I put mine behind the back panel in the cab), I'm fairly certain there is a ground off that harness near the plugs. 

Does the black wire coming from the harness go straight to a ground?

49 minutes ago, 1988manche said:

Does the black wire coming from the harness go straight to a ground?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it does.  I remember putting a ground right next to that harness and I am fairly certain it came out of that harness.  It's just a black wire with a round terminal on it correct? 

Quick update, found the ground and grounded it. I can hear the fuel pump turn on and i primed it a few times tried to crank and it still won't start, tried disconnecting the fuel line at the fuel rail and nothing came out but if i disconnect it at the pump i get some gas coming out, could it be a clogged line?

I ran my fuel pump ground for my 97+ INSIDE the cab, and attached it to the boxed channel across the back of the cab.  Yeah, it is more work that grounding it under the chassis, but it's away from any of the outdoor elements that make for corrosion, and potentially flakey grounds later.