Electrical problems

Okay so I'm kinda in a hurry so please bear with me. On my way into work this morning my comanche was running normal and everything was working. I shut it down to go into the store. When I came back out and started it up only my headlights dash lights ashtray light and dome lights were working. My heater, turn signals, radio and wipers suddenly weren't working anymore. Idk what the problem is. Please help winter is coming and I don't fancy freezing my boys off

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, dmatt5656 said:

Still no heat turn signals radio or wipers

IGN SW terminal A is both hot in RUN and ACC. This is the feed circuit for your components listed above. If components work in ACC and don't work in RUN, suspect Ignition Switch.

So I had to fix my loose steering column before I could dive into my ignition switch because it needs to be in acc to replace it if I'm reading the directions correctly. Well I can't turn it back to ACCbecause of the trim around the column is being pushed back by the peice that actuates back when the key is turned. Idk what it's called it's got teeth on i left side of the column6cca42c9805d4e56004254a9f2d50720.jpg6554803fa79ec5b3beac9ae7e31f46ac.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

You are going to need to repair the looseness in your steering column.  That is almost certainly PART of the electrical issue.

The good news is that the older XJ/MJ's used the GM Saginaw steering column, which is pretty easy to repair (and they often need it, too, unfortunately).

This link will help you sort some of the issues out:  http://www.chevyasylum.com/column/tiltcol.html