WTB - Bucket Seat Mounts

rosco11

Anyone have mounts and sliders and assembly for Comanche bucket seats? I have a great bench seat and mounts but I'm really drawn to the buckets for some reason. I don't have to make the swap but id be all over it if i could? Ultimate goal would be the side wings style buckets, i think from the Eliminator or 2 door Cherokee but with the Comanche brackets. I'm in Houston.

Let me know if you might have a lead.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I make comanche seat brackets... find you some cherokee buckets and put my brackets on em good to go! $95 shipped. Both seats 3baa3b63fa91cf291b0f14c50d3d646f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks KrustyB! What are the seats officially called I'm talking about so i can call them the right thing as I'm asking around and searching?

These ...

Another question if you don't mind.. I'm not familiar with how the tracks and sliders work. On your mounts, i'd get seats and brackets and then remove the xj floor mount and mount the sliding mechanism to your mj floor mount?

I appreciate any advice and direction bud!

Thanks!
8c76ab808157929c879e96d85d0097cf.jpg

1 hour ago, rosco11 said:

Thanks KrustyB! What are the seats officially called I'm talking about so i can call them the right thing as I'm asking around and searching?
8c76ab808157929c879e96d85d0097cf.jpg

Those seats come from a Laredo trim XJ or MJ. They had matching door panels.

805469720_AfterDetail.jpg.33107515bf149d0aef2b2babaf7b6c90.jpg

1 hour ago, krustyballer16 said:

No idea on what those seats are called...

Where are you located. Going junkyarding tomorrow. I can look for some

But that is exactly how you mount xj Seats to my mj brackets!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks.. Hornbrod just let me know they are from the laredo versions of the XJ and MJ.

I'm in Houston

Let me know if you find some!  I'll start looking as well..Thanks!

18 minutes ago, HOrnbrod said:

Those seats come from a Laredo trim XJ or MJ. They had matching door panels.

805469720_AfterDetail.jpg.33107515bf149d0aef2b2babaf7b6c90.jpg

Thanks Hornbrod!  Those look so good!  Do you thing those are the best type of seats to seek after and put money and effort into?  I've read before that the best xj years for the comanche swap are 89-94'  Is that right?  Could I expand those years as I'm looking?

They are getting tough to find in good condition. I was able to score some NOS sets of XJ Laredo covers on Ebay a few years back - by some miracle it could happen again.

The XJ bucket seats changed in 1994, so anything 1993 and below will bolt right in an MJ.

and just about any bucket seat can be used if you fab up something to adapt their sliders to MJ floor brackets.  ZJ seats are supposed to be way comfortable.   
Oh i got a welder and a cutting wheel! Lol!
Ain't scared to make it work! I've just never messed with seat mechanisms and sliders before. Once I get finished with the rear.. I'll be moving to the cab.. seats might be later in the project but might as well start asking around now!

89f887f3d0fbf4116199368e2ff0d85d.jpg

On 10/26/2018 at 9:29 AM, Pete M said:

and just about any bucket seat can be used if you fab up something to adapt their sliders to MJ floor brackets.  ZJ seats are supposed to be way comfortable.  :D 

ZJ seats ARE way more comfortable!!!

Get the fold forward mechanism from 95+ 2 door XJ seats, install on ZJ seats. Make great Comanche seats.

ZJ seats ARE way more comfortable!!!
Get the fold forward mechanism from 95+ 2 door XJ seats, install on ZJ seats. Make great Comanche seats.
That would be sweet! Is installing the fold fwd mechanism pretty staright forward?