Comanche bed Unbelievable price!!!!

Pfrenet

I went to Truro, Nova Scotia yesterday looking for parts at JYs and came across a place called Racos, man, I couldn't believe the amount of truck beds this place had, there must have been over 500 and in good shape..

So, I was curious if he had any Comanche beds and he pointed one out just near where I was standing...I couldn't believe the shape this was in, it was mint, no rust, extremely clean, the Pioneer decals where still on it and not at all faded..I ask him how much, he told me and I had to hold back laughting in his face.. He's asking $1200.00...

So, if anyone is in need of a bed badly over the next 10 years or so, I'm sure this one will still be available..

Well, that is (I assume) $1200 Canadian, so the equivalent in American dollars would be a bit less. But not enough less to make it at all reasonable.

I bought a completely mint shortbed box, complete with taillights and bed liner, for $500 a couple or three years ago. I thought that was a fair price.

This box doesn't include the lights, or tailgate, only saw the ebrake assemble attached.. I bought my 89 Pioneer for $300 and the box was not too bad of shape. Most I would give him would be $300-$400..

I was at another JY looking for XJ doors, found one in excellent shape, but they wanted $250.00, I was finally able to talk him down to $150..even thought that was too high but it was in excellent condition.

It is amazing what ppl think there stuff is worth :brows: I can't tell you how many times I have gone by an old farm and seen a non running vehicle sitting there (usually obvious by the grass being as tall as the vehicle), and offered what i thought would be a reasonable price to buy said ride and remove it from the yard just to be laughed at... keep in mind most of the time they are far from complete.. missing tires and othere varios parts

Yes, it's amazing what some will think some parts are worth, I even saw a tail light (passenger side) on ebay with a buy it now price of $124.99, has scoff marks and overspray, he even indicates its pretty beat up, but will pass inspection..they believe their rare ...damn I got 3 sets.