Best Subwoofer Ground Location

2 minutes ago, Me&my86MJ said:

......... Well I guess this is where a nice wiring diagram or owners manual would have made this a whole lot easier. Wow, that being wired that way can make it work like that. Well I will be pulling it out again and hopefully get that squared away. I think and hope there is only one other wire that was free but I could be wrong. Thank you guys for your help too

Usually the sub remote wire has a tag on it.  It will either be solid blue or blue with a white stripe.  If there is both, just switch them and see what it does before putting it all back in. 

Victory, sub now works when stereo is in aux mode & am/fm, sadly CD mode gave me an error and wouldn't take cd, and still yet to try usb input. There were only two wires to choose from so it made it pretty simple to figure which one to try next. Thank you again

1 hour ago, Me&my86MJ said:

Victory, sub now works when stereo is in aux mode & am/fm, sadly CD mode gave me an error and wouldn't take cd, and still yet to try usb input. There were only two wires to choose from so it made it pretty simple to figure which one to try next. Thank you again

Awesome.  :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, Me&my86MJ said:

......... Well I guess this is where a nice wiring diagram or owners manual would have made this a whole lot easier.

Rule 1 of electrical diagnosis: when in doubt, find documentation.

If you look up the model number of your radio you can almost always find a PDF owners manual telling you what the wires do :thumbsup:

• 8 months later...