Suspension lift

3 hours ago, mancheflo said:

Going to the junkyard tomorrow in search on some decent shocks to throw on, will any from a stock Cherokee fit, I’ve decided to forgo the lift for now so I’m focusing on other things also gonna Look for some front rotors, anything else I should keep an eye on? 

Cherokee front shocks will fit. Cherokee rear shocks will NOT fit.

Don't just grab rotors off any Cherokee. They changed from year to year, and if you get the wrong rotor they'll lock up the front end. For what rotors cost today, you're much better off buying new ones from Auto Zone, Adance, O'Reilly's, or Rock Auto.

3 hours ago, mancheflo said:

Going to the junkyard tomorrow in search on some decent shocks to throw on, will any from a stock Cherokee fit, I’ve decided to forgo the lift for now so I’m focusing on other things also gonna Look for some front rotors, anything else I should keep an eye on? 

:L:

I wouldn't grab junkyard rotors either. For what it'll cost you to make them serviceable again (if you can find someone to turn them back flat for you) you'll almost be better off just getting new. Plus almost every yard I've been to pulls wheels and leaves vehicles sitting on the rotors, drags rotors through dirt, etc, before they get them on stands if they even bother to do that. You're much better off with a new set. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2018 at 8:43 PM, Eagle said:

Where are they rubbing, and what wheels are you using?

31x10.50-15s will fit with no trimming -- if you use stock Jeep factory wheels. The factory wheels have 5-1/4" backspacing. No aftermarket wheel has that much backspacing, so any aftermarket wheel puts the tires farther out, and that can cause problems.

On stock rims, the only rubbing will be at full steering lock when the inside shoulder of the tire on the insode of the turn (left tire on a left turn) rubs the lower control arm. This can be addressed by shimming the steering stop, teaching yourself not to turn the steering wheel all the way to full lock, or switching to WJ Grand Cherokee lower control arms, which have a built-in bend to accommodate that issue. I was reluctant to try shimming the steering stops because I was afraid they'd break, so I just learned to not turn the wheel to full lock.

So with the oem Jeep wheels, will this stick out farther past the fenders with the more backspace it has

1 hour ago, mancheflo said:

So with the oem Jeep wheels, will this stick out farther past the fenders with the more backspace it has

No, less. Backspacing is the dimension from the mounting surface of the rim (where it sits on the hub) to the "back" (or inner) flange. Factory wheels sit farther INBOARD than any aftermarket wheels. As I wrote, and you quoted:

" 31x10.50-15s will fit with no trimming -- if you use stock Jeep factory wheels. The factory wheels have 5-1/4" backspacing. No aftermarket wheel has that much backspacing, so any aftermarket wheel puts the tires farther out, and that can cause problems."