Does any one know what this is?

On 8/27/2018 at 9:09 AM, cruiser54 said:

By the way, your TCC switch is not adjusted properly. Give it a shove till it hits the pedal. 

Thanks! Your links have given ideas for other projects to work on so thanks for that too!

On 8/24/2018 at 10:18 AM, Ωhm said:

Out of the box and on the bench, doesn't that switch (SL186) have one set of contacts NC and one set of contacts NO? I would think you need both contacts to be NC.

I`ve been trying to find out on the napa website, and the guy I spoke to at the local napa didn`t know (which is odd to me, they are usually pretty helpful).
I`m still a noob, but I had the impression that the TCC is NC and the brake is NO.(?) So if it had an NO and a NC contact, then that would work out.
I`ve got one ordered so will shall see....

On 8/26/2018 at 8:11 PM, Ωhm said:

I still think you need a switch, when installed in the vehicle, where both switches (Brake & Cruise/Trans) are closed when the brake pedal is depressed.

Nope. If that was the case, they woulda used the brake switch. 

On 8/24/2018 at 12:04 PM, Ωhm said:

Looking at the wiring diagrams (88ELECT, pg20,pg71) both switches close when brake pedal is depressed.

I (we) are only as good as the documentation and yes, documentation has been known to be incorrect. I still don't understand how flipping the switch logic will make things okay.

Reason for my concern on Cruise/Trans switch logic. TCU_C10 seems to be a voltage sensitive digital switch. This digital switch tells the TCU processor when the brakes are being applied and too disengage the torque converter (S3) from lockup, if conditions are such that the torque converter is in lockup mode. TCU processor controls S3 no differently than the way it controls S1 & S2. That is too say, TCU processor controls a high side driver (12vdc) to component (in this case S3) to ground. Same applies to S1 & S2. Even the fuel injectors are controlled the same way, high side driver (12vdc) to component to ground, but that's a different module (processor).

Circuit function (the wiring). When Cruise/Trans switch is in the open position, voltage is being applied to TCU_C10, since no current (amps) is flowing in the circuit. Once Cruise/Trans switch is closed and ties the circuit to ground, current flows and all available voltage is dropped across the resistor pack (1.2kohms). The two (2) conditions are TCU_C10 sees 12vdc (brakes are not being applied) or 0vdc (brakes are being applied).

So this is how I see the circuit wiring and how I see the circuit function (purpose). Please advise on any other explanation.

TCU_C10_2.jpg.0c0b760441952bf937aa60e238613e59.jpg

10 hours ago, Ryno said:

I`ve been trying to find out on the napa website, and the guy I spoke to at the local napa didn`t know (which is odd to me, they are usually pretty helpful).
I`m still a noob, but I had the impression that the TCC is NC and the brake is NO.(?) So if it had an NO and a NC contact, then that would work out.
I`ve got one ordered so will shall see....

Brake is NC..............FWIW. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2018 at 9:02 AM, cruiser54 said:

Yup, it is.

I converted one of my Jeeps to the single switch from a GM car. bit of a pain.

Brake_light_switch_booster.jpg

This switch works perfectly by the way, if any one happens to still be following this.
Sorry for the delayed response.

On 8/29/2018 at 9:27 AM, Ωhm said:

I (we) are only as good as the documentation and yes, documentation has been known to be incorrect.

Thanks for the follow up. I'll need to remember this one. So the Torque Converter locks up properly on acceleration and disengages when brakes are being applied? Cruiser scores one point, lesson learned.