1988 Comanche Cab Water Leak

I had the windshield replaced with the black rubber/plastic molding. The hood has a new seal in the rear. Water is getting in on the drivers side firewall. Nothing obvious. Since I see the floors are rotting out on these, there must be some areas unique to these trucks. Any Help, got black poly urethane and starting this fix. 

Somebody -- might have been Pete himself -- had a thread about this awhile ago, describing using white powder to trace the path of the leak. IIRC the source turned out to be the main electrical connector where it comes through the firewall.

I've used baby powder to find a couple sneaky leaks.  sprinkle it around and the water will make tracks through it, leading you back in the direction of the source.  :L: 

one turned out to be a leaky windshield that was running down inside the a-pillar and dripping on to the floor way down near the floor.  the other was a leak in the engine bay that was following a wire down through a hole.

anything that could possibly leak has leaked for someone over the years.  there must be 50 ways for water to get in. :(  

OK, so I removed the Master Cylinder. No seal, so I will make a rubber one. For the fuse box, I removed the two screws inside. There is some silicone someone put on the firewall, the original seal inside is torn. I think this fuse box is filled with that black tar? like the other plug sitting on a firewall bracket. I cleaned that out and put dielectric grease but I don't want to pull the fuse box apart. Has anyone done that?

• 4 weeks later...