Brake lines?

I found these lines while under the truck today. They look like brake lines. Not sure if I still need them or if they're old. They are vacuum lines I'm pretty sure. They run up by the gas tank. Thanks.

IMG_4278.jpeg

IMG_4277.jpeg

There are two lines one dangling above each rear tire. 

1 hour ago, DirtyComanche said:

Did somebody replace the fuel tank recently?  Kinda looks like they didn't feel like hooking up the evap/vent lines to the charcoal canister and just routed them overboard? 

I have no idea. Bought it pretty recently. 

5 minutes ago, AZJeff said:

Air shocks?

Kinda thought about that after my other reply...  Might have had those "helper" air shocks, that don't really work that well, at some point?  Where the other end of the lines go would probably offer a better clue. :dunno:

There's no evidence it had bags installed, not that I can see.

16 minutes ago, DirtyComanche said:

Kinda thought about that after my other reply...  Might have had those "helper" air shocks, that don't really work that well, at some point?  Where the other end of the lines go would probably offer a better clue. :dunno:

There's no evidence it had bags installed, not that I can see.

25 minutes ago, AZJeff said:

Air shocks?

I'll have to find the other ends in the morning. I found a wire that was left tucked into some hole the other day by the gas tank. Ran up to the map sensor and was just tied around some hose.. Finding so many useless surprises. 

Yeah. This car actually used to have hijackers. Looking at pictures the kit comes with some small tubing like that...

10 hours ago, Eagle said:

"Car"?

Go to your room -- no supper for you tonight!

I actually had my MJ registered as a 'car' and not a truck. I was given the choice. Truck plates are more. I think $3 at the time. Also, I think at the time, trucks did not have to wear safety belts. I was stopped twice, since I had car plates on a truck. The first time, I showed the registration and was let go.  The next time, I was given a few days to get the correct plates. I was pulled over for speeding and given a warning. The officer did not want to go back to the sign. Other traffic was going just as fast.

3 minutes ago, 75sv1 said:

I actually had my MJ registered as a 'car' and not a truck. I was given the choice. Truck plates are more. I think $3 at the time. Also, I think at the time, trucks did not have to wear safety belts. I was stopped twice, since I had car plates on a truck. The first time, I showed the registration and was let go.  The next time, I was given a few days to get the correct plates. I was pulled over for speeding and given a warning. The officer did not want to go back to the sign. Other traffic was going just as fast.

The first one I bought they wanted to register as a car because it was a Jeep.  It took some convincing that it actually was a pickup truck.  Many people don't realize Jeep made trucks for 50 years or so. :laugh: