2 door Cherokee Seats

• 3 weeks later...

I swapped the XJ rockers into my MJ, using my old MJ bench floor brackets.  I'm only 5'8" (on a good day) so I didn't have any problem with cab height...my head was definitely closer to the top of the cab, though.  I liked the extra vision over the hood, too.

The problem was the distance from the bottom of the steering wheel to the top of the bottom seat cushion......there wasn't enough room for me to swing my right thigh under the wheel getting in/out.  I had to rock the seat the whole way backward to lower the front, then get in/out, and rock it back for a proper driving position.  More often then not, I forgot and cranked my leg off of the steering wheel.  Ouch.

1 hour ago, mjeff87 said:

I swapped the XJ rockers into my MJ, using my old MJ bench floor brackets.  I'm only 5'8" (on a good day) so I didn't have any problem with cab height...my head was definitely closer to the top of the cab, though.  I liked the extra vision over the hood, too.

The problem was the distance from the bottom of the steering wheel to the top of the bottom seat cushion......there wasn't enough room for me to swing my right thigh under the wheel getting in/out.  I had to rock the seat the whole way backward to lower the front, then get in/out, and rock it back for a proper driving position.  More often then not, I forgot and cranked my leg off of the steering wheel.  Ouch.

Any way you can take a couple of pics from the side when you can Jeff? Would like to see a measurement from the seat bottom to the cab roof if possible.

Is it annoying that they sit higher?  I am 6'0".  I've not finalized whether I will remove the old MJ buckets off the seat brackets, and re-weld the Laredo Cherokee front seats.  Will I really miss the ability to not fold the seats down?  IDK