Removing window handle

For the window handles, what worked for me was to get under the handle where it clips onto the window regulator shaft with one of those "trim panel" tools and pry it off from the center. I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-35400-Door-Upholstery-Remover/dp/B0002BC0PA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1532529118&sr=8-4&keywords=lisle+trim+tool

For the door lock rods, the only thing I can think of is "have smaller fingers" - I have tiny hands and those are still a pain in the @$$. I think you can buy them new in the "Help" section of auto parts stores.

4 hours ago, Minuit said:

For the window handles, what worked for me was to get under the handle where it clips onto the window regulator shaft with one of those "trim panel" tools and pry it off from the center. I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-35400-Door-Upholstery-Remover/dp/B0002BC0PA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1532529118&sr=8-4&keywords=lisle+trim+tool

For the door lock rods, the only thing I can think of is "have smaller fingers" - I have tiny hands and those are still a pain in the @$$. I think you can buy them new in the "Help" section of auto parts stores.

excellent!  

2 hours ago, a bum with money said:

found some retainer clips on amazon so I posted a link to the site. there for a 5/32" rod and labeled to fit newer Chrysler trucks,  but I think they are the superseded from the older jeeps too   ( I hope ).  pack of ten. for $7.00 ( never would have thought of amazon )

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078RKGW5S/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?psc=1

These clips come in either LH or RH orientation. Sometimes they will interchange, sometimes not. Looks like you ordered all LH....

Also the rod size for our doors is 5mm, slightly larger than the 5/32" rod size you ordered. Hopefully these work for you. 

image.png.46adbfada0da76fefe6bfc99fc8e5498.png

1 hour ago, HOrnbrod said:

These clips come in either LH or RH orientation. Sometimes they will interchange, sometimes not. Looks like you ordered all LH....

Also the rod size for our doors is 5mm, slightly larger than the 5/32" rod size you ordered. Hopefully these work for you. 

image.png.46adbfada0da76fefe6bfc99fc8e5498.png

yea I saw that too, so I just now deleted it. didn't want to put up any bad advice. seems like they're pretty easy to find locally anyway.

The Dorman HELP Door Lock Rod Assortment, number 75450, contained two clips that worked for me. Beat $10 apiece from the dealer.

Whenever I go to the junkyard I pick up some, if available, along with door panel fasteners.

I use a oil type spray on them and then gently pry them off the rod with a 3 - 4 inch long, 1/8 inch wide tip, flat blade screwdriver. Works most of the time, but that's why I snag spares at the junkyard.