tap tap tap tap

So in the morning when I start my daily drive to work with my comanche I've started noticing a Tapping noise...

I may have just started noticing it since I ripped the carpeting out, no more sound barrier lol.

The noise sounds like a valve tapping, tic tic tic, consistant with speed of the vehicle.. BUT it goes away with the clutch pressed in... also after i make my 3rd turn, approx 3.5 miles, it goes away entirely... like it was never happening in the first place. 

happens every morning for the last 3 at least. not sure if its been longer or not

wtf could be ticking in my trans?

Simple bandaid is turn up the radio or put the carpet back in and drive it til something gives. Does it only happen when the rig is cold since you say it goes away after 3 miles?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Reviving thread, New tap, sounds like the valves sticking for cylinder 6 (close to the firewall)? Comes and goes, but not with the trans in 'N'eutral or clutch pressed in.

Thinking Oil pump not reaching it, ie pump going bad? I've run seafoam through it, hasnt helped.

Oil pump cold start pegs the needle for oil pressure to the right. after 20 mins of running it idles at 35, throttle puts it at 80 or pegged.

Thoughts?

9 hours ago, Wounded_Fighter said:

Reviving thread, New tap, sounds like the valves sticking for cylinder 6 (close to the firewall)? Comes and goes, but not with the trans in 'N'eutral or clutch pressed in.

Thinking Oil pump not reaching it, ie pump going bad? I've run seafoam through it, hasnt helped.

Oil pump cold start pegs the needle for oil pressure to the right. after 20 mins of running it idles at 35, throttle puts it at 80 or pegged.

Thoughts?

Your oil pressure sender is defective, for sure.  You might want to rent/borrow a real oil pressure gauge from th parts store to confirm actual pressures as a next step.

Maybe you're not hearing it in neutral or with the clutch pushed in because the engine is not under a load during those times. Most transmission shops will put it on a lift and listen themselves for free. It's not a waste of their time because of the possibility you'll have them do the repair work.   

With all due respect.....if your only answer is to say to take it to a mechanic/garage.....maybe you should not be answering in the tech section? 

OP....have you changed your oil lately?.... I have successfully solved lifter noise many times with a simple flush and a quick oil change....PM me and I can send you my "do the Dishes" routine that works every time

10 minutes ago, yxmj said:

With all due respect.....if your only answer is to say to take it to a mechanic/garage.....maybe you should not be answering in the tech section? 

OP....have you changed your oil lately?.... I have successfully solved lifter noise many times with a simple flush and a quick oil change....PM me and I can send you my "do the Dishes" routine that works every time

Shes almost due for another change, I think another 400 miles... might just do her early then

I may just knock out trans fluid as well