I'm chasing down a short on my 92xj and have gotten it down to the dome circuit group. the amp draw is a bout 1.25 amps. I know that the interior lights, power door locks, power mirrors?, keyless entry and not sure what else (I poured over every wiring diagram I could find). I want to test everything in the circuit but am not sure what the circuit feeds power to. the fuse is only 10 amps so it shouldn't be to heavy. there is a keyless module in the rig but there is no fob for it, how do you test a keyless system? also I have no power mirrors. the overhead lights all work but haven't checked all interior lights yet (glove, and etc). I just need to know what all was on the dome circuit, plus any advice too I can get too.

Bryce

57 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

The only other thing would be radio memory wire, constant +.

Check your door switches. 

That makes sense, plus its not  as bad as a short would be. A 194 bulb would be about 1.25 amps I think. Being a dome circuit its not so bad, just have to trace it down.

Thanks

42 minutes ago, zomeizter said:

A short would cause a fuse to fail, is this happening? If you are trying to resolve a draw that is draining your battery, suspect a glove box light bulb...

15 hours ago, zomeizter said:

A short would cause a fuse to fail, is this happening? If you are trying to resolve a draw that is draining your battery, suspect a glove box light bulb...

found the draw! it turned to be the glove box light. a simple adjustment and now it turns off. the greatest part of this problem is I now know how to locate a parasitic draw.

thanks CC members.  :L:

Bryce 

• 3 months later...

Kind of a bump, but this almost got me today. I noticed that the battery would go dead after a few days and found a 250ma parasitic draw on the DOME fuse. I tested all of the easy stuff on that circuit but forgot about the glove box light. I was about ready to take the dash apart to test the other components (radio, clock, etc) but I read this thread first. Sure enough, the glove box bulb was piping hot even though I haven't opened the glove box in several days. Good job and thanks for posting your fix, because it saved me hours of frustration!