lower_jeep, ? for ya...

beaterjeep

How aside from the drop blocks out back, did ya drop the rear of your MJ? I'm looking at lowering my 88 about 3-4" all around. I figure that the motor that I'm looking at getting will provide a sufficient enough drop up front, but was wondering about the rear.

am i crazy or is some one else wanting to lower a jeep also!!!!!!!! :eek: :D

i bought a set of rear leaf brackets form a junk yard and then a set of 4" drop blocks to add to that, i would reconmend cutting the bump stops down it you do the same as me.

i now am working on getting a c-notch to weld in and a mono leaf or 4 link rear suspension with air ride on to it

I'm with beaterjeep...I kind of want one, just don't have the balls to drop one yet.
Do it to the 3800, and dress it like an SCCA MJ. That would be SWEET!

haha, would it kill ya to know I thought of putting the 3" lift and 31's on the 89 today, and the 89's lift on the 3800 today? then I thought why do i need a mall-crawler.

but then I also need a plow truck. I have a plow FOR a comanche that's complete and functional, but it can't go on the 3800 (stored winters from now on). the 89 is just too high for it too...so if the 89 was lower and the 3800 were higher....:D

lower that new MJ you're getting.

or buy mine :brows:

new one's nicer than yours...it needs alot of work.

I won't be fixing it for a bit, i think it will just sit and i'll rob parts, fix it, sell it after fixing it, or use tateresalad's parts to make it 4wd and put the plow on it

am i crazy or is some one else wanting to lower a jeep also!!!!!!!! :eek: :D

i bought a set of rear leaf brackets form a junk yard and then a set of 4" drop blocks to add to that, i would reconmend cutting the bump stops down it you do the same as me.

i now am working on getting a c-notch to weld in and a mono leaf or 4 link rear suspension with air ride on to it

It's just an idea I've been toying with for the past almost 5 years now. I figure that sooner rather than later is the time to do it, and do it right. I've been tossing around the idea of removing one of the leafs on each side out back, then getting some maybe 2" blocks. How short should I make the bumpstops though? C-nitch, meh, I don't plan on going quite that low with mine. As for my motor choice, well I have a line on a 396 originally out of a 73? corvette. Right now, it's in a friend of mine's 77 vega kammback wagon. I was told that as soon as he finds a bigger motor and better tranny, I could have the drivetrain for next to nothing, $350. jamminz.gif Oh, and it's also a 5 spd tranny too. So I could keep my pedals in there.

I'm with beaterjeep...I kind of want one, just don't have the balls to drop one yet.
Do it to the 3800, and dress it like an SCCA MJ. That would be SWEET!

haha, would it kill ya to know I thought of putting the 3" lift and 31's on the 89 today, and the 89's lift on the 3800 today? then I thought why do i need a mall-crawler.

but then I also need a plow truck. I have a plow FOR a comanche that's complete and functional, but it can't go on the 3800 (stored winters from now on). the 89 is just too high for it too...so if the 89 was lower and the 3800 were higher....:D

Buy an el-cheapo Cherokee. Plow is exactly the same for the Cherokee. Then you don't have to manage an MJ to plow.

lower that new MJ you're getting.

or buy mine :brows:

new one's nicer than yours...it needs alot of work.

I won't be fixing it for a bit, i think it will just sit and i'll rob parts, fix it, sell it after fixing it, or use tateresalad's parts to make it 4wd and put the plow on it

mine doesn't need any work! Rusty pass.side fender on rear, thats it.