Jeff-B

Hi, all. I'm the proud owner of a '90 Comanche Eliminator 4X4 5 speed, 4.0, stock for now. Honestly I've always been a car person. Only bought a pickup for work originally. I wasn't actively looking for a Jeep really, but after looking around at several used car dealers, the Jeep stood out as something different than the S-10's, Rangers, and Toyotas you see everywhere. Then it snowed. I should mention that I live in an area that averages over 200 inches a year. This thing is amazing! Goes through 3 foot snowbanks like they're not even there(it's been a very mild winter so far) while the S-10s, Rangers and Toyotas my coworkers have get buried.

On another note, you ever notice how after you buy a vehicle, you start to notice how that vehicle seems to be everywhere? Not so with my Comanche. In my travels all over upstate NY, I've only seen one other one, and the body was almost completely gone from rust.

Same here.

Since December when I picked up my MJ, I have seen ONE other Manche rollin' through K-Town.

I must say both were relatively rust free.

My front and rear bumpers are covered but the body is solid.

On another note, you ever notice how after you buy a vehicle, you start to notice how that vehicle seems to be everywhere? Not so with my Comanche. In my travels all over upstate NY, I've only seen one other one, and the body was almost completely gone from rust.

lol, but...you did notice it. You probably wouldn't have if yu hadnt bought your mj. and id be willing to bet you wanted to follow him and talk to him about his mj.

2 new Comanche sightings in 2 days here in Knoxville over the weekend and both appear to be just sitting. 1 was in a field next to a house with several other old trucks and the other was the last vehicle in the persons driveway and the hood was covered with odds and ends. I turned around and drove back by it to verify it was a Manche. This really excited my lovely wife. She asked me why I needed a second one when I didnt even have 1 running 100%. When I explained that I could salvage parts from one to the other and get mine running 100% then sell the parts I didnt need to my Comanche Companions her only reply was "Oh, so you are in the scrap business now?" I could only say "If the price is right babe, what else could I do?" To this I got the eyes rolled and a sigh. :D

But needless to say, I beleive the Manche Radar is getting to be more in synch. 8)

when i first learned of the comanches and started to hunt for one instead of a j-truck i couldnt find any. then once i got my 88 i started to see em all around. and now that i have my 86 i see them all the time. most of em are in bad shape though. the only good lookin parts of most of the ones i see is the brush gaurd or rollbars they have that id like to get my hands on. :twisted: and pete u can sense these things too? lol

I do admit, I'm thinking of getting a Cherokee also. I like my wife's Grand Cherokee, but I prefer the "squarer" look of the regular Cherokee.

I work out of town mostly and have to carry my luggage in back. I've tried using a cap, but it's a pain to see around while backing up while it's dark out. Right now I have a tonneau cover on it, but that doesn't leave much usable space.