xj or Comanche hvac box works. of course your need the right compressor for your engine .

I am not sure why you would want to remove your air con kryptronic. The only thing your get is a weight reduction of a few pounds. as long as your ac clutch is free and not engaged there are not side effects of it being there. They do have hvac with and without air con. The difference is the size of the hvac box is bigger to accommodate the evaporator.

A guy I know who delivers hey for me owns a 87 mj who does ac for a living. He just installed all the ac hvac, compressor and line stuff + condenser , but the ac controls. He uses a toggle switch to turn it on and off.

59 minutes ago, dvitha said:

xj or Comanche hvac box works. of course your need the right compressor for your engine .

I am not sure why you would want to remove your air con kryptronic. The only thing your get is a weight reduction of a few pounds. as long as your ac clutch is free and not engaged there are not side effects of it being there. They do have hvac with and without air con. The difference is the size of the hvac box is bigger to accommodate the evaporator.

A guy I know who delivers hey for me owns a 87 mj who does ac for a living. He just installed all the ac hvac, compressor and line stuff + condenser , but the ac controls. He uses a toggle switch to turn it on and off.

Idk all i know is the mechanic told there’s no compressor and anything on the engine and it’ll be expensive to install. Should I take it to a AC place?

four season 57551 fits it about 150 without a core. My guys at the shop do installs for them on mj's and xj.  Not expensive at all, no more than doing any other jeep of the same age.

You can buy all new more expensive, or you can find a xj in the junk yard to get the parts from. xj or mj 86 up for hvac and all the other parts but the compressor. always do an new compressor and a new filter.

3 hours ago, dvitha said:

four season 57551 fits it about 150 without a core. My guys at the shop do installs for them on mj's and xj.  Not expensive at all, no more than doing any other jeep of the same age.

You can buy all new more expensive, or you can find a xj in the junk yard to get the parts from. xj or mj 86 up for hvac and all the other parts but the compressor. always do an new compressor and a new filter.

Ok thanks for the help I just gotta figure out what else I need

10 hours ago, dvitha said:

I am not sure why you would want to remove your air con kryptronic.

The manche is going to be a three season vehicle, sitting in the summer.  A/C takes up alot of space in the engine bay,  and I'd eventually like to go with electric fans and reduce the number of pulleys and accessories on the front of the motor.  Maybe run more of a setup like a YJ with 5 pulleys and the alternator up high, if the battery can move elsewhere.  Just pre-build thoughts and planning at this point.

11 hours ago, Omarmartinez33 said:

Yea I’m trying to see if I need get a Comanche one specific because someone took it out 

Someone took it out? So the dash controls and the under-dashboard parts are there? That would make things a lot easier.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Someone took it out? So the dash controls and the under-dashboard parts are there? That would make things a lot easier. 

This is what I would need to remove/swap that I'm having trouble finding info on.  Plus the controls.  Which pieces are different A/C vs non-A/C?  Thank you.

This thread is getting confusing. Let's let Omar clarify what he has, and what he needs.

If you want to eliminate a/c from a vehicle that has it, just remove the compressor and install an idler pulley to maintain the belt routing.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

This thread is getting confusing. Let's let Omar clarify what he has, and what he needs.

If you want to eliminate a/c from a vehicle that has it, just remove the compressor and install an idler pulley to maintain the belt routing.

Apparently I have nothing at all to have AC I would need new compresser and Hoses according to the mechanic. $3000 job 

wow 3k. do 95% your self. rock auto is your friend for cheaper parts. Hoses either make them or take it to a hose maker. much cheaper and better to get new hoses

Get a the box for the a/c swap that out first, while in there make sure your heater core is in good shape.

you need

FOUR SEASONS 38901 -   Expansion Valve - you want new

APDI/PRO 7014172 - Condenser - you can find ones in junk yard for cheap pressure check it ... xj 84 to 90's or mj 86 to 92

FOUR SEASONS 54614 -  Evaporator Core you can get used as well, pressure check it

FOUR SEASONS 57551 - Compressor with clutch. Best bet get reman way cheaper

FOUR SEASONS 33216 - Filter Drier

GPD 1711254 - A/C compressor Low Press Cut-out Switch goes on top of filter drier.

now next your need the hoses. You can make them or get them made. You can get used ones, just pressure check them and use new O-rings.

If the hoses don't have your need the high and low side Service Fittings.

Dash control unit your need to shop, however you can do a toggle to turn the compressor on and then no need to replace it.

I say go with 134a  and not r12 after market. just because 134a is much cheaper and you can get even at Wal-Mart.

Used parts are much cheaper, however in future you will have to replace, so if have the money replace all new.

Freon is very corrosive and if it gets any sort of humidity is forms acid, and will eat rubber, even metal lines.

Hvac you will need to search for however you can find cheap. here is one https://www.ebay.com/itm/HVAC-Complete-Assembly-RHD-Severe-Duty-84-96-Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-x-S-56022012AB-/351901351400?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10 it is pricy for what I pay for however easy to find.

5 hours ago, dvitha said:

wow 3k. do 95% your self. rock auto is your friend for cheaper parts. Hoses either make them or take it to a hose maker. much cheaper and better to get new hoses

Get a the box for the a/c swap that out first, while in there make sure your heater core is in good shape.

you need

FOUR SEASONS 38901 -   Expansion Valve - you want new

APDI/PRO 7014172 - Condenser - you can find ones in junk yard for cheap pressure check it ... xj 84 to 90's or mj 86 to 92

FOUR SEASONS 54614 -  Evaporator Core you can get used as well, pressure check it

FOUR SEASONS 57551 - Compressor with clutch. Best bet get reman way cheaper

FOUR SEASONS 33216 - Filter Drier

GPD 1711254 - A/C compressor Low Press Cut-out Switch goes on top of filter drier.

now next your need the hoses. You can make them or get them made. You can get used ones, just pressure check them and use new O-rings.

If the hoses don't have your need the high and low side Service Fittings.

Dash control unit your need to shop, however you can do a toggle to turn the compressor on and then no need to replace it.

I say go with 134a  and not r12 after market. just because 134a is much cheaper and you can get even at Wal-Mart.

Used parts are much cheaper, however in future you will have to replace, so if have the money replace all new.

Freon is very corrosive and if it gets any sort of humidity is forms acid, and will eat rubber, even metal lines.

Hvac you will need to search for however you can find cheap. here is one https://www.ebay.com/itm/HVAC-Complete-Assembly-RHD-Severe-Duty-84-96-Jeep-Cherokee-XJ-x-S-56022012AB-/351901351400?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10 it is pricy for what I pay for however easy to find.

Wow thanks for the breakdown make my search easier 

3 hours ago, Big Dan said:

With the 86, do you have a serpentine or V belt system?  That will help clear things up as well.

Sourcing the brackets for the v belt set up was a real pain.

Idk what that means lol please explain how I can tell