axle help

Yeha, you'll need to buy/make brackets for upper/lower control arms, track bar, and the coils/shocks.

People make them specifically for jeeps, but all want antidisestablishmentarianism too much. Ballisticfab, BTF, and a few other places like that sell brackets for misc. purposes and can be peiced together to make what you need.

Or, you can convert to leaf springs. :nuts:

I have a bunch of 1/4" plate laying around, so i took a few marked pieces over to my buddies, and used his plasma cutter and cut out my own brackets. Clamped everything onto a control arm, and welded the support gusset on. Now, I need to motivate myself to get the axle located under the MJ, and weld the brackets on.

I have an extra set of brackets for LCA's already made, I just haven't found a use for them, although, If I decide to go with a coil setup out back, I'll be putting them to use this winter. I'm still not sure about that though...

Essentially, look at the thickness of your current LCA brackets. Picture that 3x as thick, and with the eye moved farther back, I will have about 4" more articulation (control arm will never touch the coil bucket) and the eye is also tucked up, so I have about 2" more clearance to the LCA from the ground.

I think the cheapest route would be to steal brackets off a Dana 30 and then add metal to them for strength.
Believe me, there is still a fair profit margin if I were to make a set of LCA brackets for $20 shipped. I'd probably do $25 though to be more "on par" with everyone else who is $35+ before shipping.