Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I figured there aren’t too many days left in the year to cruise into work with a top less CJ. Ripped it around a bit before I got home too.

 

IMG_0155.jpeg.22b08fd209c4fbe4e464836f6ca97a6f.jpeg

IMG_0157.jpeg.fcfe59b45d8da8221a9dbbf0ec81fe3e.jpeg

 

Here I thought we were having a nice time and then it just starts dumping fuel from the gas cap!

 

IMG_0159.jpeg.5e27f2db8a9d4c66c55fee36f2a2e7a7.jpeg

 

To recap, I didn’t think I was having this issue since I gutted the pressure relief from the cap and changed the vent line from the tank to just a filter venting to atmosphere.

 

IMG_0160.jpeg.c3ff760db79efcb6cca3b4faa2535ef2.jpeg

IMG_0161.jpeg.b28bf35ebf6d64a30a0ba7572583c2e6.jpeg

 

On the tank, theres two vent lines as the factory intended. I’ve been using one as a fuel return since I did the fuel injection swap. I know… it’s not the right way to do it, but I also haven’t had any problems up until this year.

 

IMG_0162.jpeg.27bfd4a25b1e48fbca23bb73ea848d76.jpeg

 

The blue arrow is the fuel return and the red goes to the filtered vent. An in tank fuel pump has been on my mind for years, but again this has only been a problem this year. :fistshake2:

  • Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...